First Build!! Does it look ok?

So, I'm in collage for animation and media arts. i have recently entered into that point were all my classes are getting more difficult. we have entered into alot of 3D work and my sad little laptop cant handle it. So its finally time to build my desktop. 

my budget is $1200 usd this will have to include a monitor and windows sadly

i will also be running 2 displays, one being a cintiq companion 2

programs i will need to run are Photoshop, clip-studio, 3ds max, zbrush, after effects and premier.

Now for what ive put together:

Intel Core i5-6600 

NZXT S340 Matte White/Purple Steel ATX Mid Tower Case

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 

CORSAIR CX-M Series CX450 450W 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply

Kingston SSDNow UV400 2.5" 240GB 

Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ram

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive

CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm 

$250 in peripherals(so i guess my real budget is $950 lol)

Let me know what you think.Suggestions are welcome!

OK

No.

ANY i5 right now doesnt make any sense.

Ryzen 5 1400 or 1500 will perform the same AND will last you an extra 2 years because of the extra threads.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Water cooling is absolutely unnecessary imo. Go for a Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo. Use the money you save from water cooling to splash for a i7-7700k. 

I agree with both those comments.  Do not go i5 for production work.
Here's something I spec'd out for myself that may prove interesting to you.  Although you may need cuda acceleration so swap the 580 for an nvidia card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CWtbf8

Actually here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YXMtBP
Add your own monitors and peripherals.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

46 minutes ago, Envious1337 said:

So, I'm in collage for animation and media arts. i have recently entered into that point were all my classes are getting more difficult. we have entered into alot of 3D work and my sad little laptop cant handle it. So its finally time to build my desktop. 

my budget is $1200 usd this will have to include a monitor and windows sadly

i will also be running 2 displays, one being a cintiq companion 2

programs i will need to run are Photoshop, clip-studio, 3ds max, zbrush, after effects and premier.

Now for what ive put together:

Intel Core i5-6600 

NZXT S340 Matte White/Purple Steel ATX Mid Tower Case

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 

CORSAIR CX-M Series CX450 450W 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply

Kingston SSDNow UV400 2.5" 240GB 

Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ram

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive

CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm 

$250 in peripherals(so i guess my real budget is $950 lol)

Let me know what you think.Suggestions are welcome!

Get rid of the gaming motherboard, you won't be overclocking that chip. Water cooling is completely unnecessary. I'd agree with the others on going for a Ryzen chip. It's a better chip for the same price. SSD wise, not sure what you plan on all storing on it, but if you plan on just using it as a boot drive, you can get smaller 120GB or even 60GB drives for about half that price which might allow you to invest more into a larger HDD which might be nice if you're going to be doing a lot of projects, or even just another drive if you wanted some redundancy for important work. With the money saved on the motherboard and water cooling, you could invest in a better GPU which would allow you to game if you like, as well. 1060s can be had for only $50 more, and it's pretty close to twice the performance.

10 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Get rid of the gaming motherboard, you won't be overclocking that chip. Water cooling is completely unnecessary. Possibly spend a bit more on a better power supply. Only get 8GB of ram, and buy a 1070 with all that money you'll be saving for nearly double the fps. 

dude its not about gaming and the 1050ti is plenty for that kinda work...
also 8gb is not enough,those get eaten up so fast while doing 3d work, i'd say depending on how demanding the work is 16-32gb

but i agree on the psu,get something good and reliable 

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

This build will serve you much better than the rest of the builds posted so far. It features a six core 12 thread processor and the cpu comes included with a pretty good stock cooler which you can upgrade down the road. You also get a gtx 1070 which is a fantastic graphics card. You are able to overclock your processor and you can pick up windows for like $20 off kinguin. It will go just over your budget and if you want it stay exactly in, just go for a cheaper keyboard and mouse. Good luck.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GJNhJV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GJNhJV/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.55 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($93.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.25 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.33 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Asus VC239H 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Redragon K551 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Mionix NAOS 7000 Wired Optical Mouse  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1192.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-28 18:38 EDT-0400

well the water cooling is purely aesthetic, that why i got the small one XD( i dont like the look of large heatsinks witch seems dumb, but my budget has alittle give in it so i wasnt to worried about that)

2 minutes ago, McHox said:

dude its not about gaming and the 1050ti is plenty for that kinda work...
also 8gb is not enough,those get eaten up so fast while doing 3d work, i'd say depending on how demanding the work is 16-32gb

but i agree on the psu,get something good and reliable 

Yeah, I totally didn't read that part, lol. Head went straight to gaming. I've updated the post. x-x

2 minutes ago, Envious1337 said:

well the water cooling is purely aesthetic, that why i got the small one XD( i dont like the look of large heatsinks witch seems dumb, but my budget has alittle give in it so i wasnt to worried about that)

Cracklingice- that build looks pretty nice. i already bought the nzxt case so i may try to find pats that are similar but match

SageOfSpice- thanks for the suggestion. i have been looking for a diff motherboard that one just seemed like the cheapest one i could find at the moment. ill keep looking. sadly i cant downgrade to only 8 gigs of ram. i have to atleast have 16(i originally wanted 32 to be honest.) im a content creator and artist not really a gamer so fps Doesnt really matter. i manly need cpu power and ram

Remember to press the quote button down the bottom when replying to people otherwise they will not see what you have responded with.

25 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

I agree with both those comments.  Do not go i5 for production work.
Here's something I spec'd out for myself that may prove interesting to you.  Although you may need cuda acceleration so swap the 580 for an nvidia card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CWtbf8

Actually here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YXMtBP
Add your own monitors and peripherals.

23 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Get rid of the gaming motherboard, you won't be overclocking that chip. Water cooling is completely unnecessary. I'd agree with the others on going for a Ryzen chip. It's a better chip for the same price. SSD wise, not sure what you plan on all storing on it, but if you plan on just using it as a boot drive, you can get smaller 120GB or even 60GB drives for about half that price which might allow you to invest more into a larger HDD which might be nice if you're going to be doing a lot of projects, or even just another drive if you wanted some redundancy for important work. With the money saved on the motherboard and water cooling, you could invest in a better GPU which would allow you to game if you like, as well. 1060s can be had for only $50 more, and it's pretty close to twice the performance.

11 minutes ago, chris76816 said:

This build will serve you much better than the rest of the builds posted so far. It features a six core 12 thread processor and the cpu comes included with a pretty good stock cooler which you can upgrade down the road. You also get a gtx 1070 which is a fantastic graphics card. You are able to overclock your processor and you can pick up windows for like $20 off kinguin. It will go just over your budget and if you want it stay exactly in, just go for a cheaper keyboard and mouse. Good luck.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GJNhJV

im seeing the theme of a ryzen 5 1600 so ill look for stuff to build around that. thank you all for your imput its been super helpfull!!

1 minute ago, Envious1337 said:

im seeing the theme of a ryzen 5 1600 so ill look for stuff to build around that. thank you all for your imput its been super helpfull!!

If you have zero intention of overclocking, I'd splash the extra on the 1600x, but the 1600 should fairly easily reach 1600x levels of performance.  Pretty much all Ryzen seem to be perfectly fine at 3.8 to 4ghz.

Just now, Envious1337 said:

idk how much the price difference is for you but you could also take a look at a r7 1700,which would give you about 30% more multicore performance(got 8cores/16threads)

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Just now, McHox said:

idk how much the price difference is for you but you could also take a look at a r7 1700,which would give you about 30% more multicore performance(got 8cores/16threads)

Stepping up to the R7 would really push her budget hard.

5 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

It's possible her workload would benefit from the 6gb 1060.

I dunno. I figured the ram was probably more important, I doubt the GPU matters a ton for this workload. Either way, if she sticks with 16GB of ram, she could at least squeeze the 1700 in there.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZqXrf8

14 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

It's possible her workload would benefit from the 6gb 1060.

21 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

28 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Stepping up to the R7 would really push her budget hard.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqXrf8

would this work?

the reason i went with the gtx 1050 ti is cuz my friend that is in my major uses it and it works just fine. and he does way more advanced things then i do. so graphis wise im good i think.

14 minutes ago, Envious1337 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqXrf8

would this work?

the reason i went with the gtx 1050 ti is cuz my friend that is in my major uses it and it works just fine. and he does way more advanced things then i do. so graphis wise im good i think.

PSU is poo.  Pick any PSU in the first three tiers of this list.  My go to is EVGA GQ.