VR within Architecture

Hi, 

I currently work as an Architect in the UK, I work for a relatively new modern architecture firm. I recently brought a £9 VR headset for my iPhone for some really basic VR renders of some major projects that we are doing at the moment, and we love it. I was just wondering if someone could help, we are looking to buy a full VR Kit, at this point I am looking at the Oculus Rift, we would be looking to take the system around to cilents with us and run it simply off a laptop which we have VR ready laptops within the office at the moment.

Thanks,

William

Get a Vive

Cpu: i5 6600K Cooler: Brocken Eco Alpenföhn Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR4 16 gig 2400mhz Mobo: Asus z170 Pro Gaming PSU: Corsair VS650 650 Watts Case: NZXT S340 Black 9_9 

2 minutes ago, Delian said:

Get a Vive

7 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Nooooooo if you want VR get the HTC Vive!!!! It'll be so much better for your uses. 

A vive isn't exactly portable to setup and take around with a laptop to easily show clients.

A rift would be fine honestly.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

A vive isn't exactly portable to setup and take around with a laptop to easily show clients.

A rift would be fine honestly.

Aren't they both kinda the same thing?  You don't need to set up all the full room sensors to use either one as far as I'm aware

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Aren't they both kinda the same thing?  You don't need to set up all the full room sensors to use either one as far as I'm aware

Why pay 300$ extra for the full room sensors then if its primary use isn't going to involve them?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Why pay 300$ extra for the full room sensors then if its primary use isn't going to involve them?

Hmm, true.  If you include the controllers (vive doesn't come with advanced controllers) it jumps up even more.  I don't really see any issues with the rift as long as the CAD program is supported

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Hmm, true.  If you include the controllers (vive doesn't come with advanced controllers) it jumps up even more.  I don't really see any issues with the rift as long as the CAD program is supported

Thats probably the biggest hitch, simply making sure that w/e program being used to render supports either of the headsets, and how well they are supported.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Vive comes with controllers. Rift doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

Vive comes with controllers. Rift doesn't.

Not anymore.  They both come with controllers. 

duma.PNG.4f13b93bfab1a4aaa5ca1e7b5c5e5fed.PNGasfd.PNG.b6dec8e8eb87faa1d935484843417ea2.PNG

Wait, the new headsets focused on this kind of thing are inbound and have no base stations. The trakingon the Rift, well it sucks compared to the Vive. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.