Simplest possible example in pure C++ for voce

Greetings fellow-comrades,

I've just downloaded voce, which is a text-to-speech (and vice-versa too) SDK that pairs with Microsoft's Speech API. They have given a couple of examples right on their website, but they're obviously incomplete. I'd like those who've used it to come forward, and help me understand a very simple sample, which is a complete program in C++, and also I'll certainly need help pertaining to the selection of libraries and headers to include.

Thanks a metric ton! :) 

Anand S

Nothing to see here ;)

#include <thread>
#include <chrono>
#include "voce.h"

int main()
{
	voce::init(".", true, false, "", "");
	voce::synthesize("fizzle sticks");

std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::seconds(1));
	voce::destroy();
	return 0;
}

You'll need to:

add "<Java jdk dir>/include" and "<Java jdk dir>/include/win32" to your c++ include path

link with "jvm.lib" found in "<Java jdk dir>/lib"

add "<Java jdk dir>/jre/bin" and "<Java jdk dir>/jre/bin/client" to your system path

have the Voce .jar files next to your .exe (or change the first parameter to voce::init)

I think that's all...

10 hours ago, fizzlesticks said:

#include <thread>
#include <chrono>
#include "voce.h"

int main()
{
	voce::init(".", true, false, "", "");
	voce::synthesize("fizzle sticks");

std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::seconds(1));
	voce::destroy();
	return 0;
}

You'll need to:

add "<Java jdk dir>/include" and "<Java jdk dir>/include/win32" to your c++ include path

link with "jvm.lib" found in "<Java jdk dir>/lib"

add "<Java jdk dir>/jre/bin" and "<Java jdk dir>/jre/bin/client" to your system path

have the Voce .jar files next to your .exe (or change the first parameter to voce::init)

I think that's all...

I understand the include and lib dirs, and the code itself is super-simple, but could you explain to me what is system path (is it the PATH variable) ? And change the first parameter of what exactly to voce::init()? Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

2 hours ago, Anand_Geforce said:

I understand the include and lib dirs, and the code itself is super-simple, but could you explain to me what is system path (is it the PATH variable) ? And change the first parameter of what exactly to voce::init()? Thanks!

Yes, it's the PATH variable. It tells your program where to search to find the jvm.dll and java.dll it needs.

The first parameter to voce::init() is the Java class path. It tells the JVM where to find the Voce .jars you're using. "." means the current directory.