Cpu render vs Cpu + Gpu render no difference (after effects)

So a long time ago I tried to enable my gpu(gtx 970) to render in after effects and saw almost no difference between 
"cpu(i7 5820k)" and "cpu(i7 5820k) + gpu(gtx 970)"
also no difference between
"cpu(i7 5820k) (multiprocessing)" and "cpu(i7 5820k) (multiprocessing) + gpu(gtx 970)"

I searched some video's and came at this video called
"Premiere Pro CC - CPU vs. GPU Acceleration"
In the benchmark results there were almost no to no differences between rendering on cpu(i7 5820k) or cpu(i7 5820k) + gpu(multiprocessing)

I would like to get an explanation why there is no differences and maby also a way to get it working better.

robin.

rig :

OS windows 10 pro 

Cpu Interl Core i7 5820k @3,30GHz ( no overclocked )
Gpu MSI Geforce GTX 970 4G  ( no overclocked )
Mobo MSI x99a Raider 
Ram Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR4-2133 ( no overclocked )
Cooler Corsair Hydro Series H105 
Psu Cooler Master G650M 
Hard Disc 1 Samsung Evo 840 240 GB 
Hard Disc 2 Seagate HDD 2 TB 

3 minutes ago, robin_GameZiseFX said:

So a long time ago I tried to enable my gpu(gtx 970) to render in after effects and saw almost no difference between 
"cpu(i7 5820k)" and "cpu(i7 5820k) + gpu(gtx 970)"
also no difference between
"cpu(i7 5820k) (multiprocessing)" and "cpu(i7 5820k) (multiprocessing) + gpu(gtx 970)"

I searched some video's and came at this video called
"Premiere Pro CC - CPU vs. GPU Acceleration"
In the benchmark results there were almost no to no differences between rendering on cpu(i7 5820k) or cpu(i7 5820k) + gpu(multiprocessing)

I would like to get an explanation why there is no differences and maby also a way to get it working better.

robin.

are you sure your card is supported? find the cuda_supported cards notepad file. may not be the same for AE but it's like that for Premiere Pro

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Depends on the amount of gGPUaccelerated effects you use, gamers nexus did a video on this with the ryzen 7 showing that using a GPU for rendering on a professional workload(Multiple effects) benenifits more then CPU. I cant remember the exact video but some can find it post it

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

are you sure your card is supported? find the cuda_supported cards notepad file. may not be the same for AE but it's like that for Premiere Pro

I've changed the file by including my card 

7c2ddfc7fd387a5d2f1bfdd20edf3cbb.png
https://gyazo.com/7c2ddfc7fd387a5d2f1bfdd20edf3cbb

also if it's not in that list there is an checkbox to enable not including cards, i've tried that to.

3c0abe7fd8cf9bd472f67fe7f40bef5c.png
https://gyazo.com/3c0abe7fd8cf9bd472f67fe7f40bef5c

3 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Depends on the amount of gGPUaccelerated effects you use, gamers nexus did a video on this with the ryzen 7 showing that using a GPU for rendering on a professional workload(Multiple effects) benenifits more then CPU. I cant remember the exact video but some can find it post it

I'know that rendering on gpu faster is.

I don't know what you mean with "GPUaccelerated effects" if you copy pase this in youtube : "Premiere Pro CC - CPU vs. GPU Acceleration" you will see benchmark results with same card but different cpu, that is saying the I7 5820k doen't get lower render time and the other one does. I don't know if that is because of the build in graphics on the cpu.