Bananasplit_00

Which one?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1050 ti for €177
    • 1050 for €145
    • 460 for €120

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

*triggredness intensifies* :P anyway an I5 4690K, says this in the post and a link to the toaster project is in my sig, the big orange thing that says THE TOASTER PROJECT lol

Lol...okay...I just tune that stuff out at this point, but I'll check the link...

...but yeah...triggeredness...one of the reasons I no longer post to the social threads ;) 

But you've got an Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz in your LAN build...you've not upgraded it to an i5?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Just now, GuruMeditationError said:

Lol...okay...I just tune that stuff out at this point, but I'll check the link...

...but yeah...triggeredness...one of the reasons I no longer post to the social threads ;) 

But you've got an Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz in your LAN build...you've not upgraded it to an i5?

the Pentium was in the PC that was in the case, look at the planned specs or something, im dropping in an ITX board with an I5 4690K thats currently in my main rig when im upgradeing it to an I7 4790K by the start of next month. the board im using is sadly locked from overclocking so the glorius 4.7GHz wont stay(i will always remember it though, one of the best clocking I5 4690Ks)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

the Pentium was in the PC that was in the case, look at the planned specs or something, im dropping in an ITX board with an I5 4690K thats currently in my main rig when im upgradeing it to an I7 4790K by the start of next month. the board im using is sadly locked from overclocking so the glorius 4.7GHz wont stay(i will always remember it though, one of the best clocking I5 4690Ks)

Yeah, I'm kind of in the market for one of those right now, but seriously considering upgrading to an i7 at this point because it's not that much more expensive, but I'm having trouble justifying even that cost because I just really don't need an i7 unless I'm skipping to something that's going to support DDR4 (I'm even thinking of saving up the money for the first PCIe 4.0 board to launch (hopefully) this year...but that's been so long coming that other stuff is being developed that could now potentially obsolete PCIe (it seems people are tired of waiting at this point)...

...but anyway:

Processor seems fine for what you need it for, RAM seems fine...

...I think it's just a case of tracking down some benchmarks, figuring out if the extra horsepower is going to be worth the money for you, in terms of what it'll yield and then just doing the donkey-work to track down something with the form-factor you need.

I'd really have to research it thoroughly to give you a better answer and while it's an interesting challenge I just don't have the time to get that deep into it (I'm not really a LAN gamer).

...but yeah...find some benchmarks, and if the upgrade is meaningful to you go for the more expensive one...also, if the faster processor would benefit you for the other games you play besides Paladins and CS GO I'd go for the more expensive card...you never know how and when gaming preferences in your group might fluctuate. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

1 minute ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Yeah, I'm kind of in the market for one of those right now, but seriously considering upgrading to an i7 at this point because it's not that much more expensive, but I'm having trouble justifying even that cost because I just really don't need an i7 unless I'm skipping to something that's going to support DDR4 (I'm even thinking of saving up the money for the first PCIe 4.0 board to launch (hopefully) this year...but that's been so long coming that other stuff is being developed that could now potentially obsolete PCIe (it seems people are tired of waiting at this point)...

...but anyway:

Processor seems fine for what you need it for, RAM seems fine...

...I think it's just a case of tracking down some benchmarks, figuring out if the extra horsepower is going to be worth the money for you, in terms of what it'll yield and then just doing the donkey-work to track down something with the form-factor you need.

I'd really have to research it thoroughly to give you a better answer and while it's an interesting challenge I just don't have the time to get that deep into it (I'm not really a LAN gamer).

...but yeah...find some benchmarks, and if the upgrade is meaningful to you go for the more expensive one...also, if the faster processor would benefit you for the other games you play besides Paladins and CS GO I'd go for the more expensive card...you never know how and when gaming preferences in your group might fluctuate. 

well i just got a message from a guy willing to sell me the ideal 1050TI, the MSI low profile 4GB so im probably getting that if he hasent sold it by the end of next month.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well i just got a message from a guy willing to sell me the ideal 1050TI, the MSI low profile 4GB so im probably getting that if he hasent sold it by the end of next month.

Good luck with that but don't let him screw you...if he tries to leverage you on the price walk away and just find one elsewhere...I know it's a pain with eBay not available to you but don't let him screw you. ;) 

Good luck with that but don't let him screw you...if he tries to leverage you on the price walk away and just find one elsewhere...I know it's a pain with eBay not available to you but don't let him screw you. ;) 

i buy shit on the used market all the time, he already gave me a price of about $150 shipping included and its still un used lol. 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i buy shit on the used market all the time, he already gave me a price of about $150 shipping included and its still un used lol. 

It sounds like a pretty good deal...but that's contingent upon him not selling it for a month? I'm guessing he's hoping you'll up the offer amount to secure it. But at least you know what need now...if you can hold out for the good price it sounds like it could be a good deal, providing it's all fully working...

...maybe hit up eBay to look at the completed listings and figure out the likelihood it'll sell at his asking price in that time.

It sounds like a pretty good deal...but that's contingent upon him not selling it for a month? I'm guessing he's hoping you'll up the offer amount to secure it. But at least you know what need now...if you can hold out for the good price it sounds like it could be a good deal, providing it's all fully working...

...maybe hit up eBay to look at the completed listings and figure out the likelihood it'll sell at his asking price in the meantime.

the one month thing is because im getting an I7 4790K first and wont have the cash for it untill the end of next month lol. its a decent price for the card used tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the one month thing is because im getting an I7 4790K first and wont have the cash for it untill the end of next month lol. its a decent price for the card used tbh

It sounds like it, but I don't know the market too well at all at the moment, much less that area of it...if he's willing to wait then, unless you can search out something better, and as long as it's in full working condition etc. I'd say go for it...it sounds like just the thing.

[Edit:] @Bananasplit_00 Hang on...it's unused and includes shipping at that price? Are you sure it's all legit?

2 hours ago, GuruMeditationError said:

It sounds like it, but I don't know the market too well at all at the moment, much less that area of it...if he's willing to wait then, unless you can search out something better, and as long as it's in full working condition etc. I'd say go for it...it sounds like just the thing.

[Edit:] @Bananasplit_00 Hang on...it's unused and includes shipping at that price? Are you sure it's all legit?

shipping within Sweden is pretty cheap and afaik its legit. the card new is ~€170 so its a resonable price. he has most likely tested the card once or twice but its basically brand new in box from what we disscused

Builds:

Spoiler

shipping within Sweden is pretty cheap and afaik its legit. the card new is ~€170 so its a resonable price. he has most likely tested the card once or twice but its basically brand new in box from what we disscused

Okay...well, I guess just exercise the regular precautions, but if you can get it for that price it sounds pretty good. 

4 hours ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Okay...well, I guess just exercise the regular precautions, but if you can get it for that price it sounds pretty good. 

yah should be nice but i wont know for another month and by that time the RX 560 could be a thing and maybe that could also be a good option, we will see what happens to the market in the next month but i really hope i can get this GPU seeing as its perfect for this case and aplication :) 

Builds:

Spoiler