2x rx480s or 1070

Syxiz
Go to solution Solved by AvocadosGuac,
Just now, Syxiz said:

Give me the $600 I don't have then.

I can get a 1070 for $200 off a friend or buy a second rx480 for the same price.

1070 for sure then.

2 minutes ago, Syxiz said:

As I've said numerous times, I cant afford to do that for a while.

I can't just magically put close to a grand in my bank account without having issues.

The point is that you shouldn't worry about your GPU until you fix your CPU bottleneck. 

2 minutes ago, Fraser Cow said:

The point is that you shouldn't worry about your GPU until you fix your CPU bottleneck. 

Point is I cant for at least a year and a half.

I have to fix the gpu issue, I'd rather get the cheaper one done first so I have a functional rig to use.

This is making me want to go back to console gaming...

Nvidia card utilize FX CPU better than AMD card, get the 1070.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Syxiz said:

Point is I cant for at least a year and a half.

I have to fix the gpu issue, I'd rather get the cheaper one done first so I have a functional rig to use.

This is making me want to go back to console gaming...

Buying a more powerful GPU won't fix frame rate dips.  I used to have an Intel 4690k @4.6Ghz and I had to upgrade to a Ryzen 1700 because battlefield 1 would dip like crazy with my 1070. Now with the 1700 I never get lag spikes or frame dips unless they're internet related.  So you may as well save the roughly $400 you have now to put towards a new platform when you can afford it.  I think the RX480 has more to offer than it's giving you right now.

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Nvidia card utilize FX CPU better than AMD card, get the 1070.

The brand of graphics card doesn't determine how well a CPU will be utilized. The optimization of the game engine is what determines that.

10 hours ago, Fraser Cow said:

The brand of graphics card doesn't determine how well a CPU will be utilized. The optimization of the game engine is what determines that.

GPU driver and architecture also determines that btw and I'm talking about DX11 games. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |