Small question about the All in ! Water cooler reviews

Hi,

I have a small doubt (more like a request) about your all in one cooler reviews. Wouldn't that be better to also add the temperatures u get with the stock fans? lets face it, not everyone who buys all in one coolers is going to buy additional fans, and also by changing(excluding the stock results) the fans, we don't get to know how it will perform out of the box.. who knows some times some coolers might perform better with stock fans. in that case what will u do ?

Thanks

If you take a look around - most reviewers do compare all the different ones with stock fans.

Once thing you will notice - this can actually screw up the comparison a bit. It doesn't actually show the potential of the cooler itself, but of the cooler and fans. And yes, if one company makes a good cooler with awesome fans and another makes an awesome cooler but puts crap fans on them, they deserve to have worse temps.

But - how can we get the "best" cooler and with maybe a little extra cash for top fans, get the best "solution" overall? This is something that Linus shows through his use of the same case, same CPU, same GPU, all the same conditions including the same fans. This allows you to really differentiate the potential of the pump and the radiator of the solution.

This is especially important if you also are planning to overclock, where a few extra degrees can be nice...

In the review of the Swiftech H220 - they did show stock temps - and then used Noctua to really show what a difference they can make... and in the end helped to determine that there was actually something wrong with the unit they had. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

When I was talking to an employee of swiftech he said this:

(I have summarized because I got some weird "exclusive use of recipient" nda)

"They give performance at a low noise level. Others need to use high RPM fans to keep up and get the same results. They prefer lower noise levels to loud but 1-2C better performance."

I think that just about sums it up. The fan argument. Sure you can put 2600RPM fans on a rad and get better temps but it will also be noisy.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.