lil bro's Desktop

1 minute ago, lotharSoul said:

gtx 1080ti doesn't improve game performance in sli

What? Of course it does.

1 minute ago, lotharSoul said:

but when i improve the gpu i rather have a to high psu wattage then a to low or "just enough".

Except that GPUs get more efficient, not less efficient. 550W is more than enough for any single GPU system now, and will be in the future. 

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

7 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

What? Of course it does.

Except that GPUs get more efficient, not less efficient. 550W is more than enough for any single GPU system now, and will be in the future. 

so you are telling me that two 1080ti are beter for gaming then one? 

edit:

did the research and yes they do i've been misinformed about the ti's a few weeks ago my apology

3 minutes ago, lotharSoul said:

so you are telling me that two 1080ti are beter for gaming then one?

Yes, of course. 

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

8 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Yes, of course. 

When i look it up some have almost no gain in performance and some dubble they're performance was there a driver update that made sli beter? or do they need really high end cpu's to process the two 1080ti's or should a i7 7700k be sufficient?

12 minutes ago, lotharSoul said:

When i look it up some have almost no gain in performance and some dubble they're performance was there a driver update that made sli beter? or do they need really high end cpu's to process the two 1080ti's or should a i7 7700k be sufficient?

Because it depends on whether or not the game supports SLI or not. Different games also scale differently. Some games won't support SLI, and some games support SLI but scale terribly. Generally though, yes SLI 1080Tis perform better than one.

Just now, Sanctorum said:

Because it depends on whether or not the game supports SLI or not. Different games also scale differently. Some games won't support SLI, and some games support SLI but scale terribly. Generally though, yes SLI 1080Tis perform better than one.

battlefield one supports sli and with the ti's they do not or didn't support it

12 hours ago, lotharSoul said:

battlefield one supports sli and with the ti's they do not or didn't support it

Looks to me like 1080Ti SLI is performing better than a single 1080Ti in BF1.