noctua NF-P14s redux quiet?

Tiwaz

I have a question, are the Noctua NF-P14s PWM redux 1500rpm variant quiet when under 1000 rpm? With quiet i mean basically silent. I currently have two of the NZXT fans on my 280mm rad, that came with the rad. They're pretty good, but they are forced at 30% (800rpm) at least when running ro more, you bascially cant make them run slower in the fan curve, which kinda sucks, cuz in idle its the only noise my pc makes, everyhing else except the pump are silent. With the noctua fans i would like to have a silent pc at least in idle. The question, will they run slower at 30%, is it controlled via voltage or actual rpm inputs by the pc? What can i except, it would be nice if i could use them also at even lower rpm.

thanks in advance,

tiwaz

luna-028_luna_028_1g.jpg

No, I personally prefer them below 600rpm. I find that most people find them very quiet below 800rpm.

Why are you looking to run them at 1000rpm anyway?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, I personally prefer them below 600rpm. I find that most people find them very quiet below 800rpm.

Why are you looking to run them at 1000rpm anyway?

i was jsuzt asking, i would run them as low as the CAM software would allow them run, since i wanna use them on my x61 rad, i am not quiet sure how low the software will let me go with different than stock fans

35 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

i was jsuzt asking, i would run them as low as the CAM software would allow them run, since i wanna use them on my x61 rad, i am not quiet sure how low the software will let me go with different than stock fans

They should be able to go down to ~450rpm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.