how to set up[ eithernet cross connection

Turtleinahafshel

i have 2 pcs and want to connect them to transfer files from on pc to another how would i do this 

Both of them connected to same router/network?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just now, Turtleinahafshel said:

i have 2 pcs and want to connect them to transfer files from on pc to another how would i do this 

You would either need a physical crossover cable or now where most ethernet ports can be configured to be setup as crossover to connect two system together with a regular ethernet cable. Another option is to just have them on the same network to communicate between each other with file sharing.

-Moved to Networking-

1 minute ago, kameshss said:

Both of them connected to same router/network?

no to each other for faster speed

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You would either need a physical crossover cable or now where most ethernet ports can be configured to be setup as crossover to connect two system together with a regular ethernet cable. Another option is to just have them on the same network to communicate between each other with file sharing.

-Moved to Networking-

my internal network speeds are 100 and they are both fast ssds so i want to rule out the bottleneck how would i configure it if i uses a normal eithernet cable

no to each other for faster speed

You could get 10 gigabit nics for both? Or even fiber together.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just now, Luc401 said:

You could get 10 gigabit nics for both? Or even fiber together.

if i did how would i set it up

if i did how would i set it up

Just through basic windows file sharing.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just now, Luc401 said:

Just through basic windows file sharing.

okay ill see thanks for the help

my internal network speeds are 100 and they are both fast ssds so i want to rule out the bottleneck how would i configure it if i uses a normal eithernet cable

You don't have gigabit switches? All that would entail is hooking both system up and enabling file sharing. 

If your doing a crossover setup it would being within the device manager and NIC to configure the settings. 

1 minute ago, Turtleinahafshel said:

okay ill see thanks for the help

i have them connected to each other and it says identify no internet

36 minutes ago, Turtleinahafshel said:

i have them connected to each other and it says identify no internet

Because there is no internet if you connect two PCs together, you'll just have the LAN between those two. Just set the two computers up on the same subnet through the device properties and use windows filesharing.