[Ask]Planning about cooling and noise

Gaussen

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CvNcvV

Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm Fan  x2 = front because got noise cancelling door

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan x2 = radiator fans replace default

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan x1 = bottom

Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan x1 = rear

should i stick with this or change something?

need good airflow + quite one

3000rpm iPPC's aren't quiet and aren't worth getting over normal noctuas if you don't need the extra robustness. 

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

3000rpm iPPC's aren't quiet and aren't worth getting over normal noctuas if you don't need the extra robustness. 

What are your specs?

i want use lowest rpm on 3000rpm ippc and medium at else

ryzen 1800x(oc to 3.9ghz) and still dont have graphics card lol(wait for vega come out)

32gb 3000mhz(not oc)

my case seems need more airflow

2 hours ago, Necrodor21 said:

Which case would that be? There's no point getting iPPC and running it as slow as possible. You get more noise than running A14 at same rpms.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

master case pro 5 vs be quiet silent base 800

still choosing... the fans which is good and isnt

any recomendation?

14 hours ago, Necrodor21 said:

i want use lowest rpm on 3000rpm ippc and medium at else

ryzen 1800x(oc to 3.9ghz) and still dont have graphics card lol(wait for vega come out)

32gb 3000mhz(not oc)

There's no point getting a high rpm fan only to run it at lower rpm. It won't go as low as the 2000rpm iPPC and certainly not as low as the normal 1500rpm noctuas. It also isn't as quiet at the same rpm.

11 hours ago, Necrodor21 said:

The stock case fans should already be plenty for airflow. What makes you think you need more fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's no point getting a high rpm fan only to run it at lower rpm. It won't go as low as the 2000rpm iPPC and certainly not as low as the normal 1500rpm noctuas. It also isn't as quiet at the same rpm.

The stock case fans should already be plenty for airflow. What makes you think you need more fans?

i saw the spec their avg cfm just around 50 so i think kinna low

plus nepton's fans are shit

7 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

i saw the spec their avg cfm just around 50 so i think kinna low

plus nepton's fans are shit

Fan specs can't be usefully compared across different manufacturers since there's little to no regulation on how fan specs are measured. 

Why do you think 50cfm is low?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Fan specs can't be usefully compared across different manufacturers since there's little to no regulation on how fan specs are measured. 

Why do you think 50cfm is low?

the most fans in balance type(airflow = static press) was lying around 70-80

so 50cfm is good enough to make hot airflow become cold?

44 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

the most fans in balance type(airflow = static press) was lying around 70-80

so 50cfm is good enough to make hot airflow become cold?

Fans don't make air colder. The role of case fans is to remove warmer air from inside of the case and take in cooler air from outside the case.

Don't pay too much attention to the fan specs. Your stock case fans should be plenty already.

On 23.4.2017 at 4:01 PM, Necrodor21 said:

still choosing... the fans which is good and isnt

any recomendation?

Both of those seem like they aren't that restricting for airflow. So no need for really high cfm fans. Silent Base maybe bit more restrictive at front, but not much. I had similar drive bay design with old case and my 200mm intake was just fine for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Both of those seem like they aren't that restricting for airflow. So no need for really high cfm fans. Silent Base maybe bit more restrictive at front, but not much. I had similar drive bay design with old case and my 200mm intake was just fine for it.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:38 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Fans don't make air colder. The role of case fans is to remove warmer air from inside of the case and take in cooler air from outside the case.

Don't pay too much attention to the fan specs. Your stock case fans should be plenty already.

so i shouldnt buy another fans for rad and case? leave the way it comes?

coz i want OC cpu at max recomended boost speed (4.0) and a little bit ram+gpu

12 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

so i shouldnt buy another fans for rad and case? leave the way it comes?

coz i want OC cpu at max recomended boost speed (4.0) and a little bit ram+gpu

You can always add/change fans later. You are most likely fine with stock fans performance. So reasons to change would be noise or looks. But do test if adjusting fan curves helps with noise first. Rather than spending close to $100 on just fans which you might not need.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv