(PC) Mixamp pro connected with onboard soundcard - is there a difference with sound quality going throught SPDIF and ANALOG ? (realtek ALC892)

Safire

Hello, so im buying a new motherboard, i can get one with an spidf output for 15€ more than one without spdif.

Because i have an mixamp pro gen2 and a40s i cant decide which one to buy so i want to ask you, is it worth to buy more expensive motherboard and connect mixamp with digital output and let mixamp do its digital conversion into analog or i should just connect it with 3,5mm jack and let onboard chip to convert signal into analog ?

Is there any difference in sound quality ? is Mixamp DAC converter better than one on the motherboard (realtek ALC892) ?? Do you have any experiences ?

(I know that for 5.1/7.1 i need spdif and Dolby digital live soundcard, because they are expensive im not looking to buy one at the moment, maybe in future, im okay with stereo i just need to know if mixamp Dac is good)

You can connect it over USB, it even includes a cable for it. You don't need to use S/PDIF.

Yeah but the problem is, is the sound quality throught USB the same as from the the optical ? 

Yeah but the problem is, is the sound quality throught USB the same as from the the optical ?