Tiny Beast

mnm0710

dem fanz being chocked.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

What else would you guys like to know about this?

I'd be interested in the software side of things, getting a peak at what kind

of stuff makes use of all these resources. If that's feasible, of course. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yeah tell us how do you actually utilize all these hardwares. I'm curious to know. And how's the noise from one of these systems?

Finally, enough RAM for Minecraft. :P

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

Haha so as I mentioned before it's two particular analyses in engineering: 

1) Computational Fluid Dynamics - this is essentially solving different fluid flows.  So anything from solving airflow over a fighter jet to engine combustion, etc.

2) Finite Element Analysis - this is mostly solving structural analysis so seeing where the big stress areas are on the part, when it might break, etc. 

As you can imagine all of this is huge because it provides a company to be able to virtually test their products before they even build a prototype.

Just as a reference: 12 seconds of flight time of airflow over a full F-22 Raptor model takes about 2 weeks of nonstop calculations on roughly 1000 cores and a few Terabytes of RAM to compute.  That gives you an idea of how compute intensive some engineering analyses can get.

I work for a company that works in these two areas and we work with a lot of different companies and industries, anything from Lockheed Martin to SkullCandy to Raytheon Missile Systems, etc.

I'll try to post some cool pictures or link to some awesome animations later.

Is it also used to provide heating for the entire company or does it battle the fires of hell without any issues?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Is it also used to provide heating for the entire company or does it battle the fires of hell without any issues?

Haha it's actually not that hot or loud.  The Intel one is super quiet even with the fans on high.  The AMD one did sound like a workstation before we upgraded the fans so now those are pretty quiet too.  Although I do try to not close my office door for too long haha unless it's winter :P

But yes it can fight any war without much problems. 

• 1 month later...

Not to resurrect an "old" thread. 

But just got this bad boy in to put into my machine.  It's the 5110p.  should be getting the 7120x soon as well.  Going to compare this against GPU Compute with the Tesla K20x that I have in there right now.  We'll see what the verdict is on our particular application.  Sadly I can't put both in there at the same time :(.  3 dual slot cards and a raid card definitely won't fit in a midtower system.

post-80-0-62201400-1390255003_thumb.jpg

Not to resurrect an "old" thread.

I think since this is your thread about your setup, it's generally accepted. ;)

But just got this bad boy in to put into my machine.  It's the 5110p.  should be getting the 7120x soon as well.  Going to compare this against GPU Compute with the Tesla K20x that I have in there right now.  We'll see what the verdict is on our particular application.  Sadly I can't put both in there at the same time :(.  3 dual slot cards and a raid card definitely won't fit in a midtower system.

attachicon.gifintelphi.jpg

Damn, color me jealous! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic