Power supply Info 

+12v = 19a

-12v = 0.3a

I really want to upgrade my GPU without having to buy a new PSU
There are 2 options for me right now
- Saphire 7750 Low Profile Card
- OR THIS ONE WHICH I REALLY WANT
   - GTX 650 Low profile http://www.zotacusa....-61008-10m.html

Can you please tell me if i could run this gtx 650 low profile which doesnt require a 6 pin power connector or should i just stay with the 7750

Thanks, Dimster

Hey guys

I run a low-mid system bought from HP

2171a Pavilion

- i5 3450

- 6GB Ram

- Foxxcon Motherboard

- 300 Watt Power Supply

- Nvidia gt 430

Power supply Info 

+12v = 19a

-12v = 0.3a

Can you please tell me if i could run this gtx 650 low profile which doesnt require a 6 pin power connector or should i just stay with the 7750

Thanks, Dimster

can we have a link to the one that you have seen (650) and how much do you want to spend overall?

sorry did not see the link as it was white text on white

it says 350 watt minimum so it might not work but if you were to get it you could blow the psu

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

On the manufacturer's page it says that they recommend at least 350 watts for the GTX 650. You shouldn't have any problems running the 7750 since it has a really low power consumption. Remember that these are really low end cards, so don't expect much if you want them for gaming. I wouldn't be surprised if the integrated graphics of your CPU comes close to the rendering capabilities of the radeon card. As it seems you are on a budget I would recommend at least a Radeon 6870 or a GTX 660 if your intention is to game. But for that you would probably need to upgrade you psu. Just buy a cheap 500 watts power supply if you don't have much money, you can probably get one for $30-$40 especially since it's november. Also, radeon cards are usually cheaper so I would recommed getting the new r9 270 which is slightly better than the 6870, for almost the same price, and supports mantle. You would probably spend about $200-$220 with the power supply. Wait for black friday, see if prices fall, and if you still can afford it, unless you have really low expectations, I wouldn't bring myself to recommend any less. Good luck

Money is not a problem, its just the hassle of instaling

Ok, if it's not a problem then why not choose something that is higher end. One way or another you'll have to swap that psu out if you want a satisfactory experience. I have a corsair RM series psu, and they are of really good quality. If you decide to buy one, buy 500 watts or more. Don't buy one that's like a 1000 watts that will be useless unless you have a really juicy multi gpu configuration. And if you really want something that's will give you top notch performance for the money wait for the non reference coolers for the R9 290. Installing a graphics card is extremely easy so don't worry. But if your concern was installing the psu, then yes it is definately more tedious than installing a gpu. Nevertheless, it is still pretty easy to do you just disconnect the cables, unscrew the power supply and do the inverse for the new one. If you have any doubts you can always check a tutorial on youtube, but trust me it's not that hard

Hey guys

I run a low-mid system bought from HP

2171a Pavilion

- i5 3450

- 6GB Ram

- Foxxcon Motherboard

- 300 Watt Power Supply

- Nvidia gt 430

Power supply Info 

+12v = 19a

-12v = 0.3a

Thanks, Dimster

Hey, I'm back again. Even if I probably said everything I had to. I just wanted to tell you that Linus made a video about why I wouldn't recommend the graphics cards you were looking at. It's well worth the trouble of changing the power supply if you were going to waste your money

Buying good quality psu is always worth of money and time. I'm afraid that your current psu is not very power efficient. Getting good 500W+ psu with even 80+ Bronze rating now will keep you happy for years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv