Slow internet connection on my new laptop

AgentTomek

Hi,

A few days ago I recieved my new laptop - Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK. I noticed that browsing internet was a bit uncomfortable. I decided to do a speed test. It got 3/15 Mb/s (not MB/s) instead of 50/15 Mb/s. I reinstalled WiFi drivers, installed the newest, this brought me to the same speed. I have WiFi card called Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377. Do you have any ideas what can I do?

I was having a similar problem with my Ideapad 310-15ABR. I did a clean install of Windows, Settings>Update&Security>Recovery>More Recovery Options. That fixed most of my problems.

You have only told us what laptop you have, if we know what wifi router you have, then we might be able to help more.

But sounds like lenovo once again cheaped out on their wifi cards...

7700k@4.5GHz|MSI Z270I GAMING PRO mITX|GTX 980ti|Corsair Dominator Plat 16GB DDR4|Bitfenix Prodigy|H100I

Can you give plugging into the router a shot?

Just want to make sure it's a wifi problem alone, I suspect it's a card problem like Tricky said but lets make sure

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What wireless speeds were you getting before you got your new laptop? Like @Tricky12321 said, please provide more information about your network such as the make and model of your router, distance from your laptop to your router, how many walls are between your laptop and your router, what wireless protocol (802.11x) you're connecting to, what frequency you're connecting to, and any other details you can provide.

-KuJoe

I use my ISP's router it's some Chinese invitation called Huawei EchoLife HG8245. I'm connected to WiFi N, 65Mb/s. My router supports only 2,4GHz. On other devices (such as phone) everything is fine and I get about 40-49Mb/s (depends on distance). I have this laptop in the same room where router is located, so signal isn't an issue here. I use Windows 10, but I'm certain it doesn't download any updates. 

Well connecting Ethernet cable solves this problem and I get full bandwidth.

This graph might be helpful. Download speed is unstable.

Zrzut ekranu (5).png

The channel type looks good. 802.11n is capable up to 300Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band and the fact that your phone works well narrows it down to the computer (as suspected but now confirmed). The wireless card itself might be malfunctioning in some way or it's just a cheap card that can't do much to begin with.

If that laptop is under warranty you could try calling them up and asking for a replacement card, or sending it in to have them replace it.

Another option is to buy a USB WiFi dongle for maybe $20, you shouldn't have to do that though since they should provide a decent enough card inside the laptop but it's an option if you don't want to send the laptop in or wait for a replacement wireless card.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's strange, look at this graph. 

I managed to get stable 30-35Mb/s, but... I was connected to my mobile router. That means that the WiFi card shouldn't be a problem here, but it is. 

Screenshot (1).png