How does windows manege cores?

Go to solution Solved by The Benjamins,
1 minute ago, 678GUY said:

so i wont experience lag in the game because its in another core?

exactly, windows tends to spread the load out so other process will not effect others.

i am soon building a new computer and i wanted to know how windows mangeges cores like if i have a game a rendering process and youtube on will windows make every one in its own core? or it will cram all of the prograss in the same core thx

Just now, Matu20 said:

Will utilize every core effectively.

Just now, 678GUY said:

What?

Just now, Matu20 said:

What?

the game wont suffer from the other process because it is running in another core

1 minute ago, 678GUY said:

exactly, windows tends to spread the load out so other process will not effect others.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

thx dude

25 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

That's true to a point, if a game is multi-threaded than yes, if a game is single threaded and many still are, then it will hammer 1 core to the max. Of course anything like youtube/system processes etc will be spread out amongst other cores.

10 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

That's true to a point, if a game is multi-threaded than yes, if a game is single threaded and many still are, then it will hammer 1 core to the max. Of course anything like youtube/system processes etc will be spread out amongst other cores.

ya he isn't asking if the game will use other cores, just that background tasks will not effect it because their are other cores available. which windows will try and spread out the load so other tasks like a YouTube video playing the background so it will not effect a core hunger program like a game. when a process is taking %100 of a core windows will not scheduled other process to that core.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 hours ago, mrzoltowski said:

it dosent matter to me that the game uses only one core what matters to me that if another process will be on it wil be on another core