Recording pc gameplay with an i5

alslapyone

Hey guys,

So I'm in a conundrum. I have a budget right now on a pc that I want to build and I'm in a battle between getting an i5 7600k and a gtx 1070 or an i7 7700k with a gtx 1060 6gb. I am wanting to record as well as get great game performance with this pc. I was wondering if I should go with the 7700k and the 1060 or the 7600k and the 1070. I also want to know the performance I would expect when recording with the 7600k using obs, nvidia shadowplay, and dxtory. Any help will be great really. Also I know this isn't a great topic for the pc gaming forum but I felt this is the most relevant.

Using shadow play, I don't think the CPU would be of much relevance.

What are you recording for? Do you need top notch quality? Or is this for casual/quick sharing? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

You could try OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). You can record gameplays and also stream.

You could go with the R5-1600 or 1600X and still go with the 1070. That would give you similar performance in games compared to an i5 and give you the best stream/recording performance for the money.

But ultimately that's your call. The i5 still has a slight lead in most games, if gaming is more important to you.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

6 minutes ago, alslapyone said:

Hey guys,

So I'm in a conundrum. I have a budget right now on a pc that I want to build and I'm in a battle between getting an i5 7600k and a gtx 1070 or an i7 7700k with a gtx 1060 6gb. I am wanting to record as well as get great game performance with this pc. I was wondering if I should go with the 7700k and the 1060 or the 7600k and the 1070. I also want to know the performance I would expect when recording with the 7600k using obs, nvidia shadowplay, and dxtory. Any help will be great really. Also I know this isn't a great topic for the pc gaming forum but I felt this is the most relevant.

7700k (mine at least, with no overclock) does stutter / miss frames at 1080p / 60 FPS streaming.   its fine at 720p/60.    You might actually be better off with a 6+ core AMD R5 or R7 if you are streaming and gaming at the same time on the same PC.    or get an external capture card to relieve CPU burden.

7 minutes ago, Emberstone said:

You could go with the R5-1600 or 1600X and still go with the 1070. That would give you similar performance in games compared to an i5 and give you the best stream/recording performance for the money.

Absolutely. The 1600k outperforms the 7600k in gaming, and will definitely outperform it in gaming, streaming, and recording all at once. Hands down. There are tons of reviews on YouTube to back it up. And the r5 line is just going to keep getting better, especially now since it has just been released and is still being optimized. Less money, better performance, better multi-tasking, better upgrade path. It's all pros with zero cons.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?