Whats that buzzing sound??!

Hi there, the sounds starts after starting Ghost Recon: Wildlands and it can be noticed in the menu and so on, after closing the app, its gone. I also tried CPU stress test but the sound wasn!t there. Maybe the Kraken pump? But it is also making an active sound while clicking on things in the menu....

Here is a video, turn up the volume - the sound can be heard at 0:39+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BSVQuJ9WlA

mobo MSI Z270 M5
I7 7700k
G.Skill Trident Z 16gb
gtx 1080
samsung 960 evo
psu Corsair rm650x
Kraken x62 cooler

i think its a coile wine either form the motherboard or GPU or even your PSU 

but the sound is coming from the cpu, I tried to listen to the psu before and It wasnt coming from there...

Did the computer turn off?

If yes then try listening to the pump of the water cooler maybe it ramped up to the max speed.

I am not saying that processor makes the noise itself, just saying it is coming from processor - maybe something on the mobo around it or the pump? But the sound alternates/hesitate as I click on buttons in the game menu....

get a decent length piece of plastic you can put your ear on and carefully touch it to non sensitive areas like your cpu waterblock or your gpu shroud and backplate. But you got yourself coil whine, it's your gpu

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Also, when I am playing the ghost recon, sometime I witness a fps drop and makes that sound, maybe it is that gpu... The temperatures are ok both on cpu and gpu. It is known for the gtx 1080 to have around 40 fps on ultra at 3440x1440 but I dont know if those fps drops are normal...

Update: Recently I saw a lot of gpu coil whine videos and it sounds a lot like my pc, so I think you guys were right. It has to be the gpu under a very heavy load, which it is in case of Ghost recon..

But the fps drops- can it also be the gpu?

5 hours ago, AdamCZE said:

Also, when I am playing the ghost recon, sometime I witness a fps drop and makes that sound, maybe it is that gpu... The temperatures are ok both on cpu and gpu. It is known for the gtx 1080 to have around 40 fps on ultra at 3440x1440 but I dont know if those fps drops are normal...

Could be that you're hitting heavy load areas and slowing down, could be cpu related since wildlands is cpu intensive, what do you have that 7700k running at? Also use monitoring software (msi afterburner, HWmonitor, anything that shows cpu load per core) and see if it's maxing out the cpu

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 hour ago, Cyracus said:

Could be that you're hitting heavy load areas and slowing down, could be cpu related since wildlands is cpu intensive, what do you have that 7700k running at? Also use monitoring software (msi afterburner, HWmonitor, anything that shows cpu load per core) and see if it's maxing out the cpu

Now I have it at default 4,5ghz when turbo starts. I tried oc with my mobo- the game boost in uefi but it crashes in games, benchmark apps....Maybe the mobo is bad idk. I didn't have time to test it more yet.

I'll try your recommendation with hw monitor

UPDATE: Ive upgraded my gpu bios and the fps drops are gone and I think it has even better average fps

Sometimes drivers increase/decrease coil whine.  

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti