EAs Star Wars Battlefront II

the MBK

So the Trailer (actually a TV spot) for the new Battlefront leaked, and DICE seems to have listened to us. The game will include all 3 eras (including Clone Wars), a campaign, rideable Tauntauns and large scale space battles. So what do you think?

Well, the video got removed.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801

29 minutes ago, the MBK said:

So the Trailer (actually a TV spot) for the new Battlefront leaked, and DICE seems to have listened to us. The game will include all 3 eras (including Clone Wars), a campaign, rideable Tauntauns and large scale space battles. So what do you think?

Image result for don't pre order meme

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

First, the footage in the trailer looks amazing.

Second, I'm not sure that including game scenarios from all Star Wars eras represents DICE listening to us, as I don't recall that being a criticism, certainly not a major or stand-out one, of the first Battlefront reboot. What I do recall being criticisms are the lack of Battlefront's content, the lack of a dedicated server browser, the excessively-casual and arcadish gameplay, and the lack of a single-player campaign.

If DICE addresses all of those things, then I will gladly join you in saying that DICE has listened to us.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

First, the footage in the trailer looks amazing.

Second, I'm not sure that including game scenarios from all Star Wars eras represents DICE listening to us, as I don't recall that being a criticism, certainly not a major or stand-out one, of the first Battlefront reboot. What I do recall being criticisms are the lack of Battlefront's content, the lack of a dedicated server browser, the excessively-casual gameplay, and the lack of a single-player campaign.

If DICE addresses all of those things, then I will gladly join you in saying that DICE has listened to us.

Look at the Battlefront Forums or the Battlefront YouTube channel or any place where fans talk about battlefront or just google EA Battlefront 2.

Clone Wars (another era) was the single most requested thing for BF2.

Edit: Or just look at the Battlefront subreddit.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

8 minutes ago, the MBK said:

Look at the Battlefront Forums or the Battlefront YouTube channel or any place where fans talk about battlefront or just google EA Battlefront 2.

Clone Wars (another era) was the single most requested thing for BF2.

If so, then that's only after 95%+ of the player base disappeared due to the points that I mentioned, and all that remained were the hardcore fans who were just playing because it's Star Wars. Having the Clone Wars era certainly wasn't on the radar at the Battlefront forums for many months after the game released.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

27 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If so, then that's only after 95%+ of the player base disappeared due to the points that I mentioned, and all that remained were the hardcore fans who were just playing because it's Star Wars. Having the Clone Wars era certainly wasn't on the radar at the Battlefront forums for many months after the game released.

I have to disagree. Please just search the things I mentioned (well the forums are closed) or look at the comments under the first trailers for it. Believe me, it was the most requested thing.

Finally an uograde. Sad it took them an entire game to do it. I could have somewhat lived without full space combats, but no Clone wars area was the deal breaker for me. Geonosis, Kashyyk and Naboo were some of my best maps in original game. They also need to add larger battles (64?) among other things. That is a must. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 hours ago, the MBK said:

and DICE seems to have listened to us.

Battlefront 2015 wasn't a bad game because it didn't have enough back-of-the-box features. The biggest problem is that DICE and/or EA believed fans wanted a Star Wars game to be far more simplistic and "accessible" than we actually did. The second biggest problem is that they pushed it out the door too early to coincide with a movie release. Those concerns have not been directly addressed by anything we've seen so far.

I guess DICE listened to the people who wanted a single-player story mode, sure. We'll know if DICE listened to what actually matters when we can play it and judge whether it has enough depth in its core game systems to actually keep the game populated. Once they've got that covered, I'll be interested in the new features.

On 12.4.2017 at 11:45 AM, the MBK said:

The next DLC infested, halfassed Ripoff BS which countless Idiots will preorder.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO