Looking to upgrade my first pc

So I'm looking to upgrade my first pc build after about 4 months of owning it,right now I have so many makeshift things and so many low quality components I figured it was time to plam for an upgrade. I'm not going to lay down a budget but this is just to help make a list for myself and have my PC appraised as to what parts may beneficial for it in the near future. And please no negative criticism,other forums tend to hate on my poor choice of components (i.e my i3 that could have been swapped for a Pentium g4560 which was released shortly after I finished my build).Now with that out of the way...

All my components are listed in the PC part picker at the bottom of the topic

Now I'm really wanting to clean up my case,one problem I have is the psu's cables.its not modular so these cables take up all the case and it looks terrible especially from the window in case. I'm wanting a modular psu, but I don't really know any reputable companies besides seasonic and EVGA and even then I don't know which ones are better quality and such. So what modular power supply is best for it's dollar? (I really don't need anything above 600 watts I don't plan on getting a power hungry gpu or overclocking an fx anytime soon)

For Storage,I am honestly starting to hate hard drives and seeing the difference between a 7200rpm drive and a (even a budget drive) ssd is asstonishing to me and I really want to upgrade and make an SSD a boot drive. There are alot of companies with SSD's with 120gb ranging from 40-100$. I have thought abkut buying an adata drive since they get decent reviews and are fairly cheap but I have found many received and articles saying g how un dependable they are,so what low cost 120gb ssd would be good for a system like this?

For ram I plan to get crucial ddr4 ram,unless there are better options I believe that's what I will get (I'm also only running a single stick of ram so if there are any suggestions for ram I do need dual channel) 

Motherboards....I have no clue what to get. I do plan to overclock if I am able to get a capable cpu and a cooler for it so I do want a motherboard capable of OCing.however I am looking for a non-micro atx board,the atx board in my case is just so cramped and the terrible cane management doesn't help the looks at all here. By no means do I need a full on all bells and whistles gaming class motherboard,just something with plenty of USB ports,fan headers,PCI,USB 3 case control and looks nice from the outside and can oc. (LGA 1151 of course) 

Video card, I am stuck with two choices. I am considering the GTX 1070 and the RX 480.in raw performance the 480 does preform better and has a better price to performance ratio but...I am hesitant because the 1080 is alot better at 100$ more so would it be a better investment in a 480 or save for a 1080? (Or wait and see what Vega brings)

Lastly the processer,this is what enticed me to create this topic most. I definitely want a cpu with 4+ cores and good overclocking ability. I was natruelly drawn to the i5 6600k..But then I realized that there's kaby lake that is reverse compatible with lga1151 socket. But then there is also ryzen 5 which.....Holy crap it looks amazing especially with the entry processer being 169 with a (pretty decent) stock cooler compared to the 219$ 6600k without a cooler and another new Mobo that would be needed to overclock. (Also the b350 boards for ryzen are only around  80$ compared to the other boards on the lga1151 starting at around 120$ for a decent oc capable board) 

So do you think the investment into Intel's kaby lake or sky lake processers would be more beneficial...Or a new ryzen chip with a new Mobo entirely? 

(I know this was long but I'm honestly just wanting am appraisal and opinion for upgrade components,I don't expect anyone to answer all my questions about components in one post but these are a list of everything I'm considering and wondering about upgrading,thank you for reading as well:D)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VrsMgL

Buy a Rx 480 or gtx 1060 this is the sweet spot . Preferably Rx 480 as it supports crossfire and 1060 dose not support sli 

For the mobo I recommendd go for MSI x99a gaming 7  and for CPU I7-5820k

17 minutes ago, Majsterek said:

Why? Ryzen costs way less for more performance

32 minutes ago, Majsterek said:

Buy a Rx 480 or gtx 1060 this is the sweet spot . Preferably Rx 480 as it supports crossfire and 1060 dose not support sli 

WHY

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

That's what I was thinking hehehe...The board costs a couple hundred and the processer is 300...

Ryzen costs 169 plus an 80$ b65 board

Here is what I would say you can get for the build: $200-300.

But what parts are you selling if only upgrading? Also whats the budget

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Around 200 now but over the summer it's going to be around 500$ more that's why I'm planning to make a list now to use for later when I can invest more money into the build