Ryzen 5 sold out in UK online stores

So.. I went off to build a PC today, been adding and removing bits to the cart all evening as I plot things out. Just noticed that the Ryzen 5 1600x I added today... is already sold out. And it's sold out on Amazon.co.uk.. and on a few other sites. 

So is this because of low initial stock or is it just that popular?

Interesting, it was the 1600x I was looking at there.. but it still shows out of stock to me O_O

They're all in stock at Scan too.

https://www.scan.co.uk/search?q=ryzen+5

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, Kierlan said:

Interesting, it was the 1600x I was looking at there.. but it still shows out of stock to me O_O

Ninja edit :D I would go with the R5 1600 anyway and just overclock it.

Hmmm.. a 1600 instead of the 1600X, aside from the 65vs 95w TDP what other differences are there ?:D

5 minutes ago, Kierlan said:

Hmmm.. a 1600 instead of the 1600X, aside from the 65vs 95w TDP what other differences are there ?:D

The only difference is the TDP, obviously slightly higher clock speed and XFR which isn't really anything to worry about. You should be able to overclock the R5 1600 just the same (I haven't read any reviews on the latest cpu's though)