HTC Vive thoughts?

Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago I bought HTC Vive. I like it a lot! However there are not that many games for it. But I do enjoy it a lot though. It's a lot fun to see your relatives, parents and friends try it for the first time!

What are your thoughts on it? Performance, games? 

Any suggestions on games that are a must-try?

Cheers!

My friend is really into this stuff, and he has spent thousands on a new PC to handle it. One must-try for me is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (You do need a person to play with though who can read you the instructions to diffuse the bomb.) I don't have much experience with much else, my suggestion is to search "VR games" and see what interests you. 

i have only tried it at a friends place but it was awesome

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, BloodyWaters said:

My friend is really into this stuff, and he has spent thousands on a new PC to handle it. One must-try for me is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (You do need a person to play with though who can read you the instructions to diffuse the bomb.) I don't have much experience with much else, my suggestion is to search "VR games" and see what interests you. 

I've had a look at that game. I am thinking about it though. Been looking through all pages of steam VR games and the ones that look good are the most expensive ones unfortunately.

I think it's great, unfortunately I haven't tried it out but I really want too. It's priced at around £750 which is fairly expensive however, it's probably worth that money. I recommend trying Google Earth VR and Job Simulator.

At work I've configured a few systems to use an HTC Vive. I think it was "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" I played to test and enjoyed that. It's great for a multiplayer experience since not everyone needs to be using the headset. There was a painting game too. The primary purposes they are using them for is 3D modeling places that no longer exist from photos or places that are remote and difficult to get to, so i haven't done too much gaming.

I found the headset to be uncomfortable, especially with the large/heavy cable tethering you. But the room sensors are nice since it helps keep you from hitting stuff.

19 hours ago, Haydenp10 said:

I think it's great, unfortunately I haven't tried it out but I really want too. It's priced at around £750 which is fairly expensive however, it's probably worth that money. I recommend trying Google Earth VR and Job Simulator.

It is expensive yes, but that is understandable why it is. And it is totally worth it! 

17 hours ago, argyle said:

At work I've configured a few systems to use an HTC Vive. I think it was "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" I played to test and enjoyed that. It's great for a multiplayer experience since not everyone needs to be using the headset. There was a painting game too. The primary purposes they are using them for is 3D modeling places that no longer exist from photos or places that are remote and difficult to get to, so i haven't done too much gaming.

I found the headset to be uncomfortable, especially with the large/heavy cable tethering you. But the room sensors are nice since it helps keep you from hitting stuff.

Ah, I think I have to try it out! Yeah the cable is pretty annoying but from what I've heard, they are working on something to make it wireless. I can imagine it's not easy to do. Otherwise I like the headset, sitting pretty comfy on my head!