Different colors on displays

GETxHIPFIREDx

heyya LTT,

i have 2x aoc i2269vw monitors as my secondary displays and 1x Asus VG248QE as my main display. My problem is the "color profile" across the displays are insanely different. One of my AOC displays has crisp whites and EXTREMELY deep blacks, yet my other one seems to be shitty. Not to menchion the asus display seems to soooooo off and doesnt show whites and more eggshell color. I defaulted settings, and even tried using windows to calibrate the displays. i was hoping someone would have insite on this

Thanks

CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

Probably the best way to calibrate a monitor without a light meter is to look at a review for it and see what the professionals used for their settings. If those work, you're set on your VG248QE.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vg248qe-144hz-gaming-monitor,3609-3.html

Also usually the "eggshell" whites point toward a bit too much red and a bit too much green. Try turning those down bit by bit until you see good whites (it's easier to do it with a greyscale).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

19 minutes ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

heyya LTT,

i have 2x aoc i2269vw monitors as my secondary displays and 1x Asus VG248QE as my main display. My problem is the "color profile" across the displays are insanely different. One of my AOC displays has crisp whites and EXTREMELY deep blacks, yet my other one seems to be shitty. Not to menchion the asus display seems to soooooo off and doesnt show whites and more eggshell color. I defaulted settings, and even tried using windows to calibrate the displays. i was hoping someone would have insite on this

Thanks

Your ASUS display is always going to look a little different compared to the other 2 monitors because it isn't the same model of display. However, if you use a professional calibration tool (costs $$$) you can probably get it close. Or just do what @Energycore suggested and see what other people use for settings.

Did you buy the two AOC monitors at the same time from the same store? Or were they purchased separately, possibly from different stores?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Your ASUS display is always going to look a little different compared to the other 2 monitors because it isn't the same model of display. However, if you use a professional calibration tool (costs $$$) you can probably get it close. Or just do what @Energycore suggested and see what other people use for settings.

Did you buy the two AOC monitors at the same time from the same store? Or were they purchased separately, possibly from different stores?

i bought them from the exact shipment, i bought then from my work. 

CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

1 minute ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

i bought them from the exact shipment, i bought then from my work. 

Excellent. That's good for calibration purposes, since this means they should have the exact same LCD panel. One thing that does affect color gamut even between identical displays is the connection. For instance, I bought 2 ASUS PB238Q monitors at the same time, and yet they aren't exactly the same in terms of color calibration.

Why? Well, one monitor is hooked up using HDMI 1.2, and the other uses DisplayPort. Both signals are digital, of course, but because HDMI is handled differently by different graphics cards and monitors/TVs, it's not as simple as just plugging in a cable and calling it good. You have to fiddle with your GPU driver settings and the monitor control panel to get it just right. https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)