Need More RAM!

Go to solution Solved by VVoltor,

If you have a single 8gb stick, just get another one, it's always recommended to not mix and match ram.

If you have 2 4gb sticks, get 2 more.

If that isn't available or too expensive or something at least make sure the speed and timings of your new ram are the same.

Right now I have HyperX 8gb and I wanna upgrade to 16gb. What would be some good ram I can get for around 80$ because that's all I currently have. Also, Could I just get an 8gb stick of the same ram and would it run bad like that or would it be best to replace it entirely? Sorry don't know much about RAM

PC Specs:

i5 4690k

HyperX 8gb

gigabyte z97x-sl

980 ti

just buy another stick of the same ram. if thats too expansive, or you cant find the exact one, buy one running at the same speed. the speed is defined in mhz

Just now, RUWO_builder said:

just buy another stick of the same ram. if thats too expansive, or you cant find the exact one, buy one running at the same speed. the speed is defined in mhz

I have two 4gb sticks and I was wondering if I bought one 8gb stick that is the same type would it run fine?

If you have a single 8gb stick, just get another one, it's always recommended to not mix and match ram.

If that isn't available or too expensive or something at least make sure the speed and timings of your new ram are the same.

Does you mum know you're here?

1 minute ago, RUWO_builder said:

Speed and latency.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, LLamaGames said:

I have two 4gb sticks and I was wondering if I bought one 8gb stick that is the same type would it run fine?

in that case, get 2 more 4gig sticks.

1 minute ago, VVoltor said:

Okay, That's probably what I'll do. This is what I'm gonna buy since it's the exact same ram https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J8E9014/?tag=pcpapi-20