Possible GPU dying update and questions!

Hey there everyone. So i made a thread two days ago regarding the possible failure of my own PC GPU, after numerous symptoms were beginning to develop and directly affect the normal functioning of the computer. I had updated the original thread yesterday, but i guess it was too old and i understand my later post was too large to get replied to. Today i just took it to the store and i want to recap what happened initially in a smaller and cleaner way.

Computer issues that were present:

• Screen artifacts highly present (blue spots, green dots and lines, purple flickering or a combination of three previous mentioned errors being displayed);
  • Computer freezing;
  • Loss of signal through the display connection to the GPU;
  • Blue screens of death;
  • Endless reboot cycles, even after windows repair is launched and reattempts to fix the issue, only to not do anything.

Repair attempts made:

• Reinstalling the new GPU driver (issues started after an update) did not fix the issue;
  • Reformatting of Windows 10 did not fix the issue;
  • Checking VGA to HDMI connector to see if it was loose and it was at one point after moving the case, but it was not the cause either later;
  • Checking GPU physically for immediatly apparent issues (did not even check if the fans were spinning, since i do not have access to the side panel where my computer stays on usually). Checked if the power connector was properly connected and it was not coming of or seemed to be damaged.
  • I did notice a significant amount of dust around the GPU back and front, with a moderate amount of it around the fans. Could that not so impressive amount of dust be clogging the fans and caused an overheating issue, even after just turning on and barely pushing the GPU power and performance usage?

Took it to the store and told them that i believed the issue was with the GPU. It all points to it and since a complete OS instance did not fix the issue, physical connections seemed to be completely fine and with some aspects that i overlooked like the temperature check and it was 

Is there any chance for my GPU in your opinion to still have a fighting chance and the issue not showing on a different bench, connectors being replaced or after a thorough dust cleaning session? The store wont be able to activate warranty or issurance services since the two year passed and i did not request the latter. 

Some of the pictures i mentioned before:

58e8d81d82a0f_Capturar2.PNG.a22d924a1a65d20c3063275f9f0ceeb5.PNG

Capturar.PNG.639161889ed070dc208317a9332a81a2.PNG

Both errors seem to be related to either memory corruption or driver incompatibility, so this might be a software issue after all right? Even though it was formated, which would be quite odd.

Groomlake Authority

Revert back to a previous working version of a GPU Driver.

This issue happens fairly often with the 800-900 series m GPUs.

8 minutes ago, Xenift said:

-snip-

Yeah but i cant do that now, i left the PC at the store. Like i said above, i couldnt even use Windows because it kept freezing, restarting or just instantly crashing after passing the Welcome menu. I did not have a spare HDMI cable to connect to the mobo to try out the i5 GPU to see if the issue was truly a dedicated graphics one, but i couldnt :/. Besides, i had formatted the computer which should be even more effective and the issue remained, or at least i think it should be more effective.

Groomlake Authority

13 minutes ago, WereCat said:

-snip-

Man, a GPU dying only 4 years later :(? Guess ill just have to accept that it is physically dying isnt that right? I mean, this all started after a simple driver update after all, its mind blowing to think that a physical problem arised from that!

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Man, a GPU dying only 4 years later :(? Guess ill just have to accept that it is physically dying isnt that right? I mean, this all started after a simple driver update after all, its mind blowing to think that a physical problem arised from that!

Well... I had this problem on that laptop since I bought it.. but I was lazy to RMA it so it lasted me for 6 years until it broke completely :D

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

-snip-

With my issue, i cant even use my computer though :P

Wont start Windows ehe. Waiting for the response from the store to see what truly is the issue :/.

Groomlake Authority