How many methods are there to convert DC to AC?

Noirgheos

The only one that I'm aware of and that pops up from a Google search is using an inverter. Fairly simple, but there must be other methods?

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Inverters have different topologies and function generating modes, so answering inverter is like saying "how can I make a car move? With an engine". Just like a car can have 4,6,8 or more cylinders in line, or in V or in other configs. You can have an H bridge in a push-pull config that poduces a square wave directly into a transformer, you can have a modified sine wave or even pure sine wave. You can use fully isolated transformers or auto-transformers. If you dont want to power appliances, you can even use fly-backs and LC resonators. Read more about inverters here: http://www.dieselduck.info/machine/04 auxiliary/2000 Inverter technology.pdf

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler