Worth investing in a 2016 model?

Do you think it's worth it to invest in a 2016 model (like S7, 3T, Axon 7 etc) now that the prices are somewhat lower? Or should we expect big improvments in 2017 phones (reasonably priced ones not the S8)?

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

I wouldn't buy a Galaxy S7 now, because the Oneplus 3T exists.

However, the OP3T is still a great buy, and so is the Axon 7 (But less so, the OP3T is best)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

However, the OP3T is still a great buy, and so is the Axon 7 (But less so, the OP3T is best)

But wasn't the S7 better than the OP3T? Why isn't it now?

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

Just now, hiimFred said:

But wasn't the S7 better than the OP3T? Why isn't it now?

It was never better.

It has a worse SOC. Way worse software, and will probably take forever to get upgraded to Android O

OP3T has a bigger battery, WAY better software, will get a timely android O update (we think), and has a really nice screen, even though the GS7 has a slightly better one.

the only category the OP3T loses big-time is water-resistance. other than that, it's basically a perfect device.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

It was never better.

It has a worse SOC. Way worse software, and will probably take forever to get upgraded to Android O

OP3T has a bigger battery, WAY better software, will get a timely android O update (we think), and has a really nice screen, even though the GS7 has a slightly better one.

the only category the OP3T loses big-time is water-resistance. other than that, it's basically a perfect device.

Any info on the OnePlus 4 release? Thoughts on Huawei P10?

1 minute ago, hiimFred said:

Any info on the OnePlus 4 release? Thoughts on Huawei P10?

Don't know too much about the P10

the Oneplus 4 (or 5 they might call it) will be water resitant, and probably have edge glass.

it will be very similar to the GS8, but probably with slightly more bezels, and much more optimization.

It's still a ways away though, so we don't know too much.

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Don't know too much about the P10

the Oneplus 4 (or 5 they might call it) will be water resitant, and probably have edge glass.

it will be very similar to the GS8, but probably with slightly more bezels, and much more optimization.

It's still a ways away though, so we don't know too much.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions. What you said is actually what I read/listen in most reviews.

I am big time leaning towards the OP3T. The main thing that's making me consider the S7 is the camera and the camera only.

OP3T is going to be the best for the price, also its great if u want root, its still covered under warranty unlocking bootloader and rooting, i have the OP3 and its a great phone, or u can just wait a few more weeks for galaxy s8 and Oneplus 5 to come out 

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

33 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Only issue is if you lived in the US and were on Sprint or Verizon. an OP3T is not happening if you are on either of those carriers.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I do think it is worth buying 2016 phones if you find a good deal.  I just bought a Pixel on sale and am very happy with it.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

9 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

I do think it is worth buying 2016 phones if you find a good deal.  I just bought a Pixel on sale and am very happy with it.  

I don't think I can buy a Pixel in Greece. Well I can but it's over a thousand euros. I know, crazy.

29 minutes ago, Bradl79 said:

just wait a few more weeks for galaxy s8 and Oneplus 5 to come out 

Is there any info about the OP5? I haven't seen anything yet.

1 hour ago, hiimFred said:

The main thing that's making me consider the S7 is the camera and the camera only.

Camera on the OP3T is very close to the S7 in terms of quality.

Desktop:

Laptop:

8 hours ago, hiimFred said:

I don't think I can buy a Pixel in Greece. Well I can but it's over a thousand euros. I know, crazy.

Well my point is: 2016 phones are still good and the 2017 models are not that much different.  I think it is worth buying a 2016 phone if you find a good deal.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

19 hours ago, hiimFred said:

there are some rumors going around it will have a 2k display, 6 or 8gb of ram, microsd, but last time they said all of that for the OP3 and was disappointed so i don't take the rumors in considerate when it comes to the OP5 but i am sure it will be great and hopefully under 500.00 USD b/c they seem to increase their prices each time a new phone comes out.

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build