Hello everyone,

i recently got a ryzen 7 1700 cpu and an asus b350 prime - a motherboard and kingston hyperx 2133mhz ram and when i'm trying to boot there is no display i have checked it with gtx 1060 and two different monitors and also with different cables.

When i power on the system all the fans spin led on the motherboard lights up bot nothing on screen.

Please help me.

IMAG5470.jpg

Have you tried to use motherboard video outputs? Thinking off dead videocard? Since when i have had cpu error the systems fan has not spinned at all

For starters, this CPU doesn't have integrated video, so the current picture is wrong.

Did you attach any speakers to the MB for POST sound?

use 1 stick of ram. read MB manual to see which slot to use. try to post on each stick. Ryzen atm simply will not post with some ram. have a second pc? test gpu in it. have access to any other brand of ddr4? those are the first steps i would take

7 minutes ago, Frode said:

snip

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

snip

1 minute ago, Conan1600 said:

use 1 stick of ram. read MB manual to see which slot to use. try to post on each stick. Ryzen atm simply will not post with some ram. have a second pc? test gpu in it. have access to any other brand of ddr4? those are the first steps i would take

14 minutes ago, adiya said:

Hello everyone,

i recently got a ryzen 7 1700 cpu and an asus b350 prime - a motherboard and kingston hyperx 2133mhz ram and when i'm trying to boot there is no display i have checked it with gtx 1060 and two different monitors and also with different cables.

When i power on the system all the fans spin led on the motherboard lights up bot nothing on screen.

Please help me.

Read op again everyone plz. He tested with his 1060 (not pictured). Does that board have debug LED's? I would start with conan's suggestion first, then these things:

Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.

Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.

Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system.

Try clearing your CMOS.

Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.

Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.

Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard. (do this by checking validated ram for ryzen or if if your brand had validated for ryzen)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

12 minutes ago, Frode said:

Have you tried to use motherboard video outputs? Thinking off dead videocard? Since when i have had cpu error the systems fan has not spinned at all

The motherboard video outputs will not work with the R7 1700, it idoes not have an iGPU. Those ports are for the APU processors.

The Monitor has to be connected to the dedicated video card.

Make sure your RAM is in the motherboards qualified vendor list (available on motherboard support website where you get drivers etc).

If it isn't there could be an incompatibility. Ryzen is extremely fussy with RAM.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

The motherboard video outputs will not work with the R7 1700, it idoes not have an iGPU. Those ports are for the APU processors.

The Monitor has to be connected to the dedicated video card.

Make sure your RAM is in the motherboards qualified vendor list (available on motherboard support website where you get drivers etc).

If it isn't there could be an incompatibility. Ryzen is extremely fussy with RAM.

Yeah i remebered that the igpu i missing in the R7 lineup, realized just after posting the comment

Thank you guys i tried everything but after few restarts it automatically posted.

After one hour of use when i restarted it i got same problem.

3 hours ago, adiya said:

Thank you guys i tried everything but after few restarts it automatically posted.

After one hour of use when i restarted it i got same problem.

so building a pc can be tough for first timers. what  psu did you use? did you use thermal paste between cpu and cooler? if you didn't it often will not post or shut down as it is protecting itself from overheating. did you remove the clear film from the underside of the cpu cooler? if not same situation. is your psu the right size? are your connections tight? is your MB throwing a beep code (refer to your user manual). it may be time if you can not get it to boot after common testing to RMA as more in depth testing would only lead to frustration, unless you have a local pc shop that will look at your build and determine the specific problem.

11 hours ago, Conan1600 said:

so building a pc can be tough for first timers. what  psu did you use? did you use thermal paste between cpu and cooler? if you didn't it often will not post or shut down as it is protecting itself from overheating. did you remove the clear film from the underside of the cpu cooler? if not same situation. is your psu the right size? are your connections tight? is your MB throwing a beep code (refer to your user manual). it may be time if you can not get it to boot after common testing to RMA as more in depth testing would only lead to frustration, unless you have a local pc shop that will look at your build and determine the specific problem.

i checked everything on another system it is running fine. I dont know if its the problem of motherboard or processor but when i booted the system and indtalled windows and stressed the cpu everything worked fine then when i rebooted it again started not posting.

I have the same CPU, the same motherboard and the same problem.  I am guessing that it is because my memory is not on the QVL (Its Corsair LPX DDR4 8GB 2133) sticks.  I know you said that you have Kingston HyperX, but make sure the exact part number is listed as OK on the Asus site:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350M-A/PRIME_B350M-A_Memory_QVL_20170327.pdf?_ga=1.186761515.202783765.1483647626

Unfortunately, this motherboard doesn't have any debug lights, so I will be running out and getting a speaker tomorrow to listen to any beeps during attempted POST.

Also, I get the same behavior whether my RAM is inserted or all the slots are empty.  That's why I am leaning toward a RAM incompatibility in my case.

Geez, Ryzen seem to be finicky.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, axavio said:

I have the same CPU, the same motherboard and the same problem.  I am guessing that it is because my memory is not on the QVL (Its Corsair LPX DDR4 8GB 2133) sticks.  I know you said that you have Kingston HyperX, but make sure the exact part number is listed as OK on the Asus site:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350M-A/PRIME_B350M-A_Memory_QVL_20170327.pdf?_ga=1.186761515.202783765.1483647626

Unfortunately, this motherboard doesn't have any debug lights, so I will be running out and getting a speaker tomorrow to listen to any beeps during attempted POST.

Also, I get the same behavior whether my RAM is inserted or all the slots are empty.  That's why I am leaning toward a RAM incompatibility in my case.

Geez, Ryzen seem to be finicky.

Good luck.

Yeah my ram comes in the parts list and i also face same issue with or without ram.

The plot thickens.

I did get a chassis speaker and tested it with my non-QVL RAM installed.  I was expecting a beep,, but nothing. Not a single chirp, let alone an error code on power up.  So I took the RAM out and powered on.  Same result.  No error code, no nothing.  Motherboard LED lights up, CPU and GPU fans run initially, but eventually the GPU fan stops and the CPU fans throttles back to a low level and there it sits.

I also tested it with an ASUS Prime X370-Pro mobo.  Same exact result.

Maybe I am missing something simple?  Maybe my speaker is dead?

Video card installed and connected to power.  24-pin power - check. 8-pin power - check. CPU and fan installed and connected - check. Speaker installed - check.  M.2 drive installed - check.   Keyboard plugged in to USB - check. What else is there?

BTW, I have a backlit keyboard and it NEVER lights up even for an instant during the attempted POST.  I guess The USB power comes later in the self-test order.

I tested my speaker on a Z270 system.  It works.  So the possibility of a dead speaker has been eliminated.

Well, it was definitely RAM in my case.  I had to search high and low to get some with the exact model number from the QVL at my local Microcenter.  It might be easier to buy online, but I was impatient. Popped the new RAM in and the system booted without incident.

It is definitely hard to diagnose POST problems with this motherboard. No debug info is available.  They just leave it to the builder to sort of wallow around until it works.  It would be nice if AMD made Ryzen less persnickety about memory.  I hope ASUS catches up and adds some debug info to this mobo.

Good luck with yours!