Audio-Technica SR5BT x MSR7

Mr.Humble

Hello everyone,

I'm considering getting myself an actually good pair of headphones and need some advice.

I'd like to use them with my phone or PC both at home as well as on my way to school or outside and I'd like them to both look good and feel comfortable even after a long time. Obviously it'd be sorta nice if they sounded great, especially at a ~200€ price point :D.

The Creative Soundblaster EVO I have now is not very comfortable for me and it's way too flashy to use in public.

I have a rather small head (overall I'm a small person) and I'm usually listening to rock, metal, indie music.

I've been looking at these two pairs for a while, but since I don't have any experience with Audio-Technica I'd love to hear the opinion of someone who has / had these. Do you guys think either of the headphones are worth it? And would I be better off giving up the wireless connectivity and paying an extra 20€ for the supposedly better MSR7s?

As for location and price, I'll most probably be ordering them from Amazon.de or Mediamarkt since both are ridiculously overpriced at my local retailers in Czech Republic.

The contestants:

Audio-Technica SR5BT:

165€ @ Mediamarkt, 165 - 179€ @ Amazon as of 1.4.2017 (EDIT: also not in stock @ Mediamarkt as of 1.4.2017)

Wireless Bluetooth headphones, detachable cable

advertised 38 hour battery life

according to Amazon user reviews the sound quality over Bluetooth is not exactly something to write home about

comes in white (interested)

VS

Audio-Technica MSR7:

199€ @ Mediamarkt (not in stock), 185€ @ Amazon as of 1.4.2017

wired, detachable cable

supposedly better

according to product images look almost identical (at least to me)

black

If you think I should be looking at something else entirely then please suggest something else, roughly in the 150 - 200€ range. I'd like to purchase them in roughly the next 6 weeks after a change in the CZK/EUR exchange rate.

Thanks for your time and input.

Vojta

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3