$1000 PC Build

PC Part Picker List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zjxQNN

I've been planning to build this PC by June or July. Only the PC will cost $1000, peripherals and others I'll take care by myself. The R7 1700 in the parts list will be changed to an R5 1600X when it releases. The motherboard costs around $130-$140 and the Galax EXOC GTX 1070 will cost about $420-$430 in my country. Any comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

i would go for faster memory as it improves performance alot. the evo 212 will limit you on overclocking as the cpu gets quite hot after 3.7 ghz so you wont see that much of a performance gain over the stock cooler besides better temps at 3.7ghz. at least that is what it is like for me with the evo 212x and the r7 1700. 

For the memory, I was going to get Corsair's Vengeance 2x8 kit, but i changed it to that to kind of fit the budget a bit more considering price changes and differences between USD and IDR. The R5 1600X won't come with any stock cooler that's why i got the hyper 212 evo. Are there any cooler you'd like to recommend?

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

i would go for faster memory as it improves performance alot. the evo 212 will limit you on overclocking as the cpu gets quite hot after 3.7 ghz so you wont see that much of a performance gain over the stock cooler besides better temps at 3.7ghz. at least that is what it is like for me with the evo 212x and the r7 1700. 

I cannot emphasize the faster RAM thing enough.

slow/fast RAM can make the difference between a 7700K competitor in gaming, and a flop.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

The price difference is not that far, so i'll get that one then, thanks.

Just now, dafuqisdis said:

Maybe something a little bit cheaper? @deXxterlab97 how do i quote? This is my first time on this forum xD

Press the arrow pointing left

Cryorig H7? 

seems good

2 hours ago, Gargone77 said:

Personally, I think it looks pretty good, with the exception of the Asrock board.  Someone here might know better, but the general consensus I get around the web is that Asrock is not up to par with Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI for quality.  Maybe $5 extra for MSI https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W05JC0679

Thats actually pretty far from the truth.

Asrock has been amazing these last few years, they started in the early days to focus on the overclocking community and that paid out...they grown from a small brand to a top recognized brand, where they used top components and their oc DNA made their boards reliable for years!

And what gets better, since they don't have huge head count and spending heavily on marketing they can actually have pretty decent prices! :D

Ryzen CPUs actually seem to be two CPUs connected by Micro-PCIe that AMD calls 'Infinity Fabric'. The clock speed of this 'Infinity Fabric' is the clock speed of your RAM, so faster RAM will mean much faster CPU performance. I daresay it makes as much of a difference as multiplier overclocking.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

On 1/4/2017 at 3:00 PM, lukart said:

Thats actually pretty far from the truth.

Asrock has been amazing these last few years, they started in the early days to focus on the overclocking community and that paid out...they grown from a small brand to a top recognized brand, where they used top components and their oc DNA made their boards reliable for years!

And what gets better, since they don't have huge head count and spending heavily on marketing they can actually have pretty decent prices! :D

Well if they're good then we'll see which one is cheaper. Thanks.

23 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Ryzen CPUs actually seem to be two CPUs connected by Micro-PCIe that AMD calls 'Infinity Fabric'. The clock speed of this 'Infinity Fabric' is the clock speed of your RAM, so faster RAM will mean much faster CPU performance. I daresay it makes as much of a difference as multiplier overclocking.

16gb 2x8 kit is enough right?

1 hour ago, dafuqisdis said:

16gb 2x8 kit is enough right?

FASTER. The clock speed of the RAM. More MHz. 4266 is the fastest available, where you get 16GB for $250. I'd personally go for 3000-3200.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

On 4/1/2017 at 6:18 AM, dafuqisdis said:

For the memory, I was going to get Corsair's Vengeance 2x8 kit, but i changed it to that to kind of fit the budget a bit more considering price changes and differences between USD and IDR. The R5 1600X won't come with any stock cooler that's why i got the hyper 212 evo. Are there any cooler you'd like to recommend?

Why the R5 1600X ? I would go with the R5 1600 and then just overclock it up to the 1600X speed if need be.

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Why the R5 1600X ? I would go with the R5 1600 and then just overclock it up to the 1600X speed if need be.

I was hoping i can overvlock the 1600X a tad bit to somewhere close to R7 1700X. Do you reckon it's possible? I don't really know much about overclocking.

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

FASTER. The clock speed of the RAM. More MHz. 4266 is the fastest available, where you get 16GB for $250. I'd personally go for 3000-3200.

I'm going with Corsair's Vengeance which is 3000

Just now, dafuqisdis said:

I was hoping i can overvlock the 1600X a tad bit to somewhere close to R7 1700X. Do you reckon it's possible? I don't really know much about overclocking.

The R5 1600 and 1600X should both overclock pretty similar to one another. The 1600X is 400Hz faster at stock, so not a big difference.

25 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The R5 1600 and 1600X should both overclock pretty similar to one another. The 1600X is 400Hz faster at stock, so not a big difference.

Hmm, what about temps? Which one would be hotter when overclocked?