Multi-Monitor Set Up w/ G-Sync & Non G-Sync Monitors

justpain

Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Acer Predator XB271HU and a system built for 1440p gaming. I was wondering though, how palatable is it to have a multi-monitor set-up with the two monitors off to the side being non-G-sync monitors? Specifically with gaming. I'm used to using more than one monitor for working as it stands and so that's why I wanted to know how the extra monitors I get could mesh with gaming. Just assume that I'll upgrade the GPU accordingly to get the requisite specs.

For triple monitor setups, I recommend 3 same monitors, not different ones. But as for the gaming performance, they'll act just like normal monitors without G-sync. So your main monitor will be smooth and they won't be. Assuming the right circumstances. If you use Nvidia's simultaneous multi projection, I'd strongly recommend 3 same monitors, so the fixed picture actually looks right.

20 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

-snip-

What he said, if you want g-sync they all need to be gsync, otherwise dont bother... That being said, I have a 165hz gsync 1440p and a 4k 60hz g-sync display and OH MAN does g-sync make a difference especially with lower framerates like 45fps (Feels a lot more like 60 if its not an intensive game eg CIV/Minecraft/Factorio)...

Id take a single display with g-sync over multi display for gaming any day, but then again I don't do racing etc... But back to the point of the question, you should get 3 of the identical monitors for a tri monitor setup always!

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

I don't have experience with Gsync, but I have 1 27inch 1440p monitor that is OC to a higher refresh rate than the standard 60hz, and 2 24inch 1080p displays and when I'm gaming I simply use the middle 1440p monitor.

Unless you plan on spreading your game across all 3 monitors then I don't THINK there will be a downside, but once again... no experience with gsync.

If u just play on one (gsync) and use other two for desktop / other apps then there wont be any issues. 

If you want surround setup (game running on 3 screens) then I think there might be some issues with Gsync.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE