Good components for a quiet PC?

So from my time of watching LTT, be quiet! is the only company I've come to know who's hardware is focused on sound performance.

I'm thinking of changing over my case, fans and CPU cooler for ones provided by be quiet! but I'd like to know if you guys know of any other silent performing hardware that I should consider as well.

These the are the components I'm considering of picking up for this build change:

Thanks for your time!

what cpu do you use? If you do not plan on getting any overclocking records I suggest going with the aircooler.

Do you want a window in your case? that is a huge factor. The 900 is one of few actually pretty silent cases with a window, if you do not need one you can save a lot of money and have more options.

The silent wings are a good choice for your fans, I personally like noctua fans a lot. How do you power your fans? If possible go with pwm fans as you can have them spin very slowly.

6 minutes ago, ShaunOfNintendo said:

So from my time of watching LTT, be quiet! is the only company I've come to know who's hardware is focused on sound performance.

I'm thinking of changing over my case, fans and CPU cooler for ones provided by be quiet! but I'd like to know if you guys know of any other silent performing hardware that I should consider as well.

These the are the components I'm considering of picking up for this build change:

Thanks for your time!

I used to use Noctua nh-d15 cooler and 3 case fans and my setup was completely silent. But then you need to use something like Speedfan to control the fans. And dont get hdd in there because they are super loud

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

1 minute ago, Schakal_No1 said:

what cpu do you use? If you do not plan on getting any overclocking records I suggest going with the aircooler.

Do you want a window in your case? that is a huge factor. The 900 is one of few actually pretty silent cases with a window, if you do not need one you can save a lot of money and have more options.

The silent wings are a good choice for your fans, I personally like noctua fans a lot. How do you power your fans? If possible go with pwm fans as you can have them spin very slowly.

I'm running a 4790k right now but I'll likely be swapping that out for a 7700 (non K) in the future.

So yeah, I wont be Overclocking so I'll go with the aircooler

I have a windowed case right now, the NZXT s340, and after using it for about a year and a half I've come to realize how little I care about the side windows lol.

I meant to link the non-windowed version of the Dark Base 900, my bad.

Why do you mean by "How do you power your fans?"

I'm pretty sure all my fans are connected directly to my motherboard.

Case - Define R5

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15

Fans - Noctua

afaik should all be quieter than be quiet! stuff. but I guess it's not that much of a diifrence.

7 minutes ago, ShaunOfNintendo said:

I'm running a 4790k right now but I'll likely be swapping that out for a 7700 (non K) in the future.

I have a windowed case right now, the NZXT s340, and after using it for about a year and a half I've come to realize how little I care about the side windows lol.

You won't get any improvements from switching to the 7700 btw.

11 minutes ago, ShaunOfNintendo said:

Why would you want to downgrade the cpu ? Keep the i7 4790K imo.

Also those two cases are pretty different in price. I would look at the Fractal Design R5 myself.

As for cooling the BeQuiet coolers are a pain in the arse to install. I would go with a Noctua D15S as Noctua have a far better mounting system.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.68 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£82.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £152.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-30 12:00 BST+0100