For a car subwoofer, which one is better?

Dater
Go to solution Solved by vong,
1 minute ago, Dater said:

So then the BOSS will handle them good, I know it's not the best amp but I don't that much money. I'm not planning to boom the sh*t out of the amp and subs all day everyday. The Pioneer can be held at 2 ohms, and the BOSS amp can handle two 600 RMS 2 ohm subs.

Well if you know how to wire the subs down to 2ohms then go for it.

I'm planning to buy two subs, I like these because they're cheap and they've got some very good reviews. I wouldn't like to spend much more because all I want is some good vibration for my car. My car has some stock Bose speakers and they are fine. 

The first one is the Alpine Bass Line SWA-10S4 10", and the other one is the Pioneer Champion Series TS-W311D4 12".

For the amp the Planet Audio two channel 2500.

I've seen that the Pioneer one has either 2 ohm or 4 ohm coils, so I could spend less in the amp.

that amp is a pile of bs. The ratings are very fake. Says 2500 watts, but really 2500 peak, 1800rms, but has a fuse for a max of 600w, so with losses, about 500-550w actual max.

7 minutes ago, Dater said:

I'm planning to buy two subs, I like these because they're cheap and they've got some very good reviews. I wouldn't like to spend much more because all I want is some good vibration for my car. My car has some stock Bose speakers and they are fine. 

The first one is the Alpine Bass Line SWA-10S4 10", and the other one is the Pioneer Champion Series TS-W311D4 12".

For the amp the Planet Audio two channel 2500.

I've seen that the Pioneer one has either 2 ohm or 4 ohm coils, so I could spend less in the amp.

I'd get a name brand amp but out of those 2 subs the pioneer is better.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

What other amp should I get, I'm looking for more vibration instead of bass accuracy, so that's why the Alpine one, i'm using a ported box too.

9 minutes ago, Dater said:

What other amp should I get, I'm looking for more vibration instead of bass accuracy, so that's why the Alpine one, i'm using a ported box too.

I dunno find something that is 2 channel with at least 300rms @4ohm for each channel. The pioneers are larger and can handle more power. Smaller subs are more accurate than larger subs btw.

Amp like this should be okay.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, vong said:

I dunno find something that is 2 channel with at least 300rms @4ohm for each channel. The pioneers are larger and can handle more power. Smaller subs are more accurate than larger subs btw.

How about this one, the Pioneer are 400 RMS, and 1400 Max, I'd like to use them with about 500 RMS.

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-AR1600-2-1600-Watt-Amplifier-Subwoofer/dp/B004S4XKZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490848927&sr=8-1&keywords=BOSS+Audio+AR1600.2+Armor+1600-watts

14 minutes ago, Dater said:

Yeah I know the pioneer are 400rms that's why I said to get something with at least 300rms. Find a brand name amp because you're gambling with a cheap one. Amp needs at least 300rms @4ohm.

Just now, vong said:

Yeah I know the pioneer are 400rms that's why I said to get something with at least 300rms. Find a brand name amp because you're gambling with a cheap one. Amp needs at least 300rms @4ohm.

So then the BOSS will handle them good, I know it's not the best amp but I don't that much money. I'm not planning to boom the sh*t out of the amp and subs all day everyday. The Pioneer can be held at 2 ohms, and the BOSS amp can handle two 600 RMS 2 ohm subs.

1 minute ago, Dater said:

Just now, vong said:

thanks bud

I've changed the subs haha, last doubt, what would be better, one BOSS Audio P156DVC Phantom 15-inch or two Boss Audio P126DVC Phantom 12". Amp doesn't matter, I just discovered a Kenwood 4000 watt amp in my garage.

43 minutes ago, Dater said:

man you love your cheap amps.

You don't need anywhere need 500 watts, most speakers will be blown out by then, and since db is a log scale, it won't be much louder at all.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

man you love your cheap amps.

You don't need anywhere need 500 watts, most speakers will be blown out by then, and since db is a log scale, it won't be much louder at all.

No man, I just found a good amp, Kenwood 4000 watt (ill look after my subs obviously), but, check out my last post, the one 15" vs two 12"