Website copy program

Hi, is there a program that can copy webpages by just entering links?

I need it to download both html and css if it's externaly.

I need this for school tests as we are not allowed to use internet but anyhing we get on befor hand is allowed even if it's a copy of a web page.

Is there something like this?

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

4 minutes ago, Joveice said:

Hi, is there a program that can copy webpages by just entering links?

I need it to download both html and css if it's externaly.

I need this for school tests as we are not allowed to use internet but anyhing we get on befor hand is allowed even if it's a copy of a web page.

Is there something like this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11662902/how-to-save-all-files-from-source-code-of-a-web-site

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Would that not be plagiarism could your school not get you taken out of the exam or what ever you are doing?

I like MetaProducts Offline Explorer  ( Pro or Enterprise)

It's much faster and much more configurable compared to httrack or other applications (ex teleport pro).

for example, the number of levels can be configured (like going in sub folders but only up to a point), limit dowloading to files in the folder (from the url) and below, load or don't load files from other websites which are mentioned on your website's pages, and so on.. download types of files from the website (for example download txt,doc etc but skip mp4, flv, mp3,wav etc)

Older versions are even more configurable compared to newer ones (for example 5.5 is better than 7), but newer versions can handle websites with huge amount of files better.

52 minutes ago, Olly1923 said:

Would that not be plagiarism could your school not get you taken out of the exam or what ever you are doing?

Plagarism is only in play when claiming the work as your own. If I understand correctly this is more like a open-textbook exam, meaning that you can use any available source of information if you have access to it prior to the exam. Internet will be shut off, but computers not.

As for the question, I do not know software that actually does this. Keep in mind though that even if you download the complete website it won't have PHP codes nor a database. So you can't use search query's in a searchbox. So it's probably better to scan pages and extract the information required to a word document of somesort. It'll help you remind more as well.

My dad used to say "Make cheatsheat, don't use it but make it. Make it as small as possible. And when you think it cant get smaller you won't need it anymore."

45 minutes ago, Trustadz said:

Plagarism is only in play when claiming the work as your own. If I understand correctly this is more like a open-textbook exam, meaning that you can use any available source of information if you have access to it prior to the exam. Internet will be shut off, but computers not.

As for the question, I do not know software that actually does this. Keep in mind though that even if you download the complete website it won't have PHP codes nor a database. So you can't use search query's in a searchbox. So it's probably better to scan pages and extract the information required to a word document of somesort. It'll help you remind more as well.

My dad used to say "Make cheatsheat, don't use it but make it. Make it as small as possible. And when you think it cant get smaller you won't need it anymore."

I know. I just need etc I find a good page about a thing, then I can copy it and when I have the test I can then check all the pages I have downloaded and write about it.

So just a simple I find etc 10 pages about 1 thing, copy them all and I can then go thru them when I need them.

1 hour ago, Olly1923 said:

As trustadz said, Only if I say I made it / wrote it or if I copy. so etc going to a wikipedia page and reading about something and then writing it with your own words are allowed (I know wikipedia isent really the best source but it was just an example).

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Hm, okey thanks!

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

I like MetaProducts Offline Explorer  ( Pro or Enterprise)

It's much faster and much more configurable compared to httrack or other applications (ex teleport pro).

for example, the number of levels can be configured (like going in sub folders but only up to a point), limit dowloading to files in the folder (from the url) and below, load or don't load files from other websites which are mentioned on your website's pages, and so on.. download types of files from the website (for example download txt,doc etc but skip mp4, flv, mp3,wav etc)

Older versions are even more configurable compared to newer ones (for example 5.5 is better than 7), but newer versions can handle websites with huge amount of files better.

Okey I will also look into this.

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"