Synology Active Directory with Outlook

sftgunner
Go to solution Solved by sftgunner,

On the offchance that this is ever useful to anyone else - the problem was my router (Syno RT1900ac) acting up. The problem was solved with a firmware update.

I'm currently running Synology's Active Directory Beta package on my DS916+. So far it has worked really well, with only a couple of glitches - the main one being that Outlook will not find my email account. My email is provided by Microsoft's Office 365 exchange service. I have so far tried it on Office 2010 and 2016, as those are the two I have access to on my test rig. I have, so far, left the DNS server package alone (it installed and configured itself when Active Directory downloaded) - is it likely to be a problem here? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Main rig: CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (FE) | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 | Storage: 512GB Crucial SSD (Ubuntu 23.04) | Case: Corsair 400C |

Laptop: 2023 MacBook Pro 14" | 12 core M2 Pro | 32 GB Unified Memory |

NAS: Synology DS216+II

• 3 months later...

On the offchance that this is ever useful to anyone else - the problem was my router (Syno RT1900ac) acting up. The problem was solved with a firmware update.

Main rig: CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (FE) | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 | Storage: 512GB Crucial SSD (Ubuntu 23.04) | Case: Corsair 400C |

Laptop: 2023 MacBook Pro 14" | 12 core M2 Pro | 32 GB Unified Memory |

NAS: Synology DS216+II