PS4 Audio uses AMD TrueAudio

ilikemacandpc

According to anandtech, the PS4's audio will be based on AMD's true audio. 

Continuing our coverage of AMD’s APU13 conference, one of this morning’s keynotes has been from Sony’s VP of Research & Development in North America, Dominic Mallinson. Most of Dominic’s presentation was a recap of the PS4 thus far – including some detail in why Sony went with an AMD APU for the console – but Dominic did throw in one more piece of information on the PS4’s specifications that we haven’t heard before. Specifically, the PS4’s audio DSP is based on AMD’s TrueAudio technology.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7513/ps4-spec-update-audio-dsp-is-based-on-amds-trueaudio

Personally, I find this very interesting, a feature that might help the consoles attempt to equalize the field with PCs. 

It brings another similarity between the two platforms and a feature that Sony can flash over Microsoft's head. 

Though, with most people using the two channel audio on TVs, I would think true audio would be very ineffective. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

According to anandtech, the PS4's audio will be based on AMD's true audio. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7513/ps4-spec-update-audio-dsp-is-based-on-amds-trueaudio

Personally, I find this very interesting, a feature that might help the consoles attempt to equalize the field with PCs. 

It brings another similarity between the two platforms and a feature that Sony can flash over Microsoft's head. 

Though, with most people using the two channel audio on TVs, I would think true audio would be very ineffective. 

well, there are some people who use headset for the mics, but still, 20 dollar headset wont use the amazingness that is trueAudio

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

This is great! Further spread of TrueAudio will keep it alive!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

thought true audio had to do with the nquality of the sound. plus alot of the people i know have a hometheater that its connected to so i think it would be beneficial

this means the apu inside the ps4 is a trueaudio apu which means the desktop ones will have it neat

i already knew this but shut up

I am not sold on this. "Full blown" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb57qpc0RD0

Sorry, but the recorded demo they had was done using dummy head or simply binaural 3d mics. I does not represent anything from the doom video.

This was allready discussed. You cant have binaural audio in games because it would take way too much compute power. There was a oculus rift or VR video on youtube of palmer lucky explaining this also.

This is just stereo with some tweaks.

I'm happy because that means more PC support!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I like this since it encourages more developers to do this for PC games as well since it is going to be on every console available, I'd assume XB1 also.

While most people are probably only using stereo audio from the TV, it should make a slight difference non the less. And for people that have a 5.1/7.1 Hometheatre this is just going to much it sound so much better than what was on previous consoles. 

At least from what we have been told from reviewers who were at the event.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

This isn't that big of a deal, but even as a PC gamer I can still want a PS4, just to have a mess with(plus the exclusive games)

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670