So if RAM uses flash...

How come RAM doesn't die after a week if your computer keeps writing tons of info on it on a daily basis? Is it the flash? interface? memory controller on your CPU? 

This question popped up in me head a week ago and it's been killing me. What lets RAM survive all that writing if SSD's die after a certain amount of write cycles? 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

From some site:

We're talking about two types of memory. Flash memory is low-cost and it retains data when power is removed (nonvolatile), but its performance is also slow. Conventional RAM -- the "main memory" of your PC or server -- is much faster, but it's a bit more expensive and requires constant power. These two memory types are very different, but vendors may refer to both as "solid-state memory," these two memory types are very different, so consider what you're buying.

Memory has a huge part to play in future drive designs as both a power-saving and performance-boosting tactic. For example, we'll likely see laptops with hybrid drives offering flash memory so that the laptop can boot without actually spinning the hard drive. We're also seeing high-performance disk drives with DDR RAM. Texas Memory Systems can package 1 terabyte (TB) of solid-state memory in a 24U cabinet. Flash and RAM memory prices continue to fall, so hybrid and solid-state drives will become more economical into the future.

Also go to http://www.ehow.com/about_6398451_difference-between-flash-memory-ram.html?ref=Track2&utm_source=ask

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

How come RAM doesn't die after a week if your computer keeps writing tons of info on it on a daily basis? Is it the flash? interface? memory controller on your CPU? 

This question popped up in me head a week ago and it's been killing me. What lets RAM survive all that writing if SSD's die after a certain amount of write cycles? 

DRAM is not flash, they are both different types of memory and do not operate on the same principles.