Define R4 Door Replacement

TheRoss0411
Go to solution Solved by paulstung,

If you mean the front door, there are 3 hinges on the left hand side with 2 screws on each, just undo the screws and the hole door comes off. If it's just the front panel, open the door and you will see 6 ( I think ) rubber door stops, pop them out and underneath there will be a screw undo those, and the front panel pops off. 

I just received a define R4 and there is a scratch in the case door. They have offered to send a new door, or send them it back and they replace it.

Does anyone know how easy it is to change a door on the R4 ?

Thanks

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I'm sure if you ask they'll tell you..

what do you mean the door? The front panel/bezel? It should pop right off. 

it's not that complex of a case, won't be that hard. 

Error: 410

By door you mean side panel? This thing that you would need to take off to put anything in it? :D How would that be hard?

EDIT: Ah I think you mean the front thing, hmmm let me look into that.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

By door you mean side panel? This thing that you would need to take off to put anything in it? :D How would that be hard?

No i mean door :|

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

No i mean door :|

I know what you mean now lol, wasn't obvious at first. It should pop off without much trouble, I don't see why it wouldn't. I just looked through the manual real quick and didn't find anything about it.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I know what you mean now lol, wasn't obvious at first. It should pop off without much trouble, I don't see why it wouldn't. I just looked through the manual real quick and didn't find anything about it.

Is it just the screws you need to take off and then pull the door off ?

Is it just the screws you need to take off and then pull the door off ?

Well I don't have an R4 within arms reach so I don't know how it's mounted but I'm sure you can figure it out. If you can't just pop it out with your hands, undo those screws you see and try then. I think someone with an R4 would be of more use to you though. :D

Well I don't have an R4 within arms reach so I don't know how it's mounted but I'm sure you can figure it out. If you can't just pop it out with your hands, undo those screw you see and try then. I think someone with an R4 would be of more use to you though. :D

Ok, thanks for your help :)

Ok, thanks for your help :)

I have an R4 and you can just pop the door (with front io) of without removing any screws :) 

the whole plastic construction, not only the door itself I mean.

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

If you mean the front door, there are 3 hinges on the left hand side with 2 screws on each, just undo the screws and the hole door comes off. If it's just the front panel, open the door and you will see 6 ( I think ) rubber door stops, pop them out and underneath there will be a screw undo those, and the front panel pops off. 

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth