Pre-built pcs?

Hi! I wanted to know if it was a good idea to mod a pre-build pc and mod it. Generally, Korea's pre-built pcs are shit, but I think I can buy a gpu and install it in the pre-built pc and mod it. I have never bought a pre-built pc before, so I wanted to ask this community if I can buy a pre-built pc for cheap and upgrade. Korea's pre-built pcs usually come at a price tag of around 600 USD, and I get a i5-6600 and a gtx 750 ti, but If I'm willing to pay a bit more, I can get the graphics card up to a 1050 ti, but at a 100$ higher price tag.  I was planning to get the 600$ one, because I have to buy the OS and the cheaper the better.

I want to ask this question. Can I upgrade the graphics card of a pre-built pc? Thanks!

P. S. The PSU's wattage is 500w, so I don't think power will be an issue.

18 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Hi! I wanted to know if it was a good idea to mod a pre-build pc and mod it. Generally, Korea's pre-built pcs are shit, but I think I can buy a gpu and install it in the pre-built pc and mod it. I have never bought a pre-built pc before, so I wanted to ask this community if I can buy a pre-built pc for cheap and upgrade. Korea's pre-built pcs usually come at a price tag of around 600 USD, and I get a i5-6600 and a gtx 750 ti, but If I'm willing to pay a bit more, I can get the graphics card up to a 1050 ti, but at a 100$ higher price tag.  I was planning to get the 600$ one, because I have to buy the OS and the cheaper the better.

I want to ask this question. Can I upgrade the graphics card of a pre-built pc? Thanks!

P. S. The PSU's wattage is 500w, so I don't think power will be an issue.

Technically yes, but why not just build one? Also you need to check that PSU isn't a ticking time bomb.

I edit my posts a lot.

you should build your own PC, it's really easy and better value for your money. Just use a guide on youtube.

almost everyone here will tell you to build one. there is basically no value in prebuilts. the only reason to have someone else build a PC for you is waranty and if they do something thats beyond your skill, like really awesome watercooling or something

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it's better to build your own pc imo caue then you're the only one to blame!

if you don't want to build it you can just buy the parts and get a store to build it for you (maybe)

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

almost everyone here will tell you to build one. there is basically no value in prebuilts. the only reason to have someone else build a PC for you is waranty and if they do something thats beyond your skill, like really awesome watercooling or something

there's value in prebuilts, but the people that go for their specific value arent often found on a forum, they're the people you find at bingo centers, in golf clubs, and on shareholder meetings.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

there's value in prebuilts, but the people that go for their specific value arent often found on a forum, they're the people you find at bingo centers, in golf clubs, and on shareholder meetings.

prebuilts can be more expensive to one you built yourself cause they bare the name of the company (which somehow gives it authenticity) and the store that sells it will make it even more expensive cause they need to get paid as well.

you can see this happening with mouse pads too, everything would be the same but one will be more expensive because it came from a certain company.

14 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

prebuilts can be more expensive to one you built yourself cause they bare the name of the company (which somehow gives it authenticity) and the store that sells it will make it even more expensive cause they need to get paid as well.

you can see this happening with mouse pads too, everything would be the same but one will be more expensive because it came from a certain company.

yes but...

- grandma isnt gonna build her own PC

- some people's time is worth more than the money

- some people have enough of a budget, and a preference to go for something that "just works."

19 hours ago, manikyath said:

yes but...

- grandma isnt gonna build her own PC

- some people's time is worth more than the money

- some people have enough of a budget, and a preference to go for something that "just works."

it's all personal preference at the end of the day, in my opinion, building your own PC is better cause you learn the skill and it makes you confident whenever you want to upgrade a component or fix something.

of course if grandma wants a PC she can just get someone to do it for her, nothing is going to stop her from owning people online ;)

the beauty of building your own PC is that you have the choice to add/remove whatever you want before you even buy the parts, you have more freedom.. that's my personal opinion

Is it weird that I have found pre-builts that are cheaper? For me, if I get all the components, the price is much more expensive than pre-built, even if it has the same hardware. I'm not sure why but that's the story. Should I just go for the pre-built or can you guys get me a list that is under or around 600-700$ but can run overwatch on ultra settings (60+ fps) Thanks!

OS and peripherals not included.