CPU Fan not starting up on boot :( <Solved>

twod

Hi,

I built my computer in January and it was working great until now. I went away from my comp and came back to it about an hour later. It was in sleep mode. But when I woke up my PC i couldn't hear my fans on my CPU run...sure enough they weren't so i manually turned off my computer. Next i tried rebooting my computer and well, I looked at the fans they turned on but within a few seconds both fans stopped working and I got an error saying Fans aren't working. Would anyone know what would be the problem? Would I need to clean my fans? or did the fans die?

I am using a H100i with stock fans that came with it. I checked all connections of the fan header and its securely fitted in.

Spec:

i7 3770k

asus sabertooth z77

Windows 8

16GB ram

750W Corsair PSU

660Ti

Thanks

Hi,

I built my computer in January and it was working great until now. I went away from my comp and came back to it about an hour later. It was in sleep mode. But when I woke up my PC i couldn't hear my fans on my CPU run...sure enough they weren't so i manually turned off my computer. Next i tried rebooting my computer and well, I looked at the fans they turned on but within a few seconds both fans stopped working and I got an error saying Fans aren't working. Would anyone know what would be the problem? Would I need to clean my fans? or did the fans die?

I am using a H100i with stock fans that came with it. I checked all connections of the fan header and its securely fitted in.

Spec:

i7 3770k

asus sabertooth z77

Windows 8

16GB ram

750W Corsair PSU

660Ti

Thanks

plug them into different headers.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Maybe tell us what kind of CPU cooler you use

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

H100i as he stated above.

Hi,

Spec:

i7 3770k

asus sabertooth z77

Windows 8

16GB ram

750W Corsair PSU

660Ti

Thanks

Plug the fans into either different headers, or into a different port if you are plugging them directly into the h100i

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

h100i, read back through

ok thx for help I'll take out the 2 fan pins and put one in the CPU_FAN and the one in CPU_OPT...maybe the pump died >.> have to find a screw driver..fans are in teh way of the headers >.>

Hi,

Spec:

i7 3770k

asus sabertooth z77

Windows 8

16GB ram

750W Corsair PSU

660Ti

Thanks

assuming youuse the stock cooler, you should check for dust in the cooler, if you are using a water cooler.  Esspecially closed loop try remove the fans against the radiator and give it a good dust clean.  You also want to make sure the fan is securely plugged into the motherboard and all of the plugs on your powersupply and everywhere are fuctioning right. 

plug them into different headers.

Plug the fans into either different headers, or into a different port if you are plugging them directly into the h100i

Ok I plugged the fans directly into the MOBO (CPU_FAN/CPU_OPT). My computer now is booting up properly.

Next Question does this mean my H100i is dead now? or should I try to update its firmware?

Can I still run my PC with the 2 fans  with H100i in it? I would assume not because the pump might not be actually pumping. Is there a way for me to tell that the pump is functioning? (btw this is lame this had to happen >.> another sinker into funds if i have to buy new cooler)

Ok I plugged the fans directly into the MOBO (CPU_FAN/CPU_OPT). My computer now is booting up properly.

Next Question does this mean my H100i is dead now? or should I try to update its firmware?

Can I still run my PC with the 2 fans  with H100i in it? I would assume not because the pump might not be actually pumping. Is there a way for me to tell that the pump is functioning? (btw this is lame this had to happen >.> another sinker into funds if i have to buy new cooler)

if you cpu isnt overheating, your pumps working.

Ok, Temps are normal 24-27C on idle and not increasing. So I guess something went wrong with my pump's functions that has to deal with turning on the Fan. Would anyone know how to fix this? I don't use Corsair Link b/c it would not work with Windows 8 properly, and it didn't have an effect whether to have it or not to make my fans to work properly. I'm wondering if Window's 8 is compatible with it now.

Ok, Temps are normal 24-27C on idle and not increasing. So I guess something went wrong with my pump's functions that has to deal with turning on the Fan. Would anyone know how to fix this? I don't use Corsair Link b/c it would not work with Windows 8 properly, and it didn't have an effect whether to have it or not to make my fans to work properly. I'm wondering if Window's 8 is compatible with it now.

I am running windows 8 and corsair link works... sometimes. :P

If you run the link program and it dosnt detect the H100i, just unplug the link cable and plug it back into the pump, that should fix it.

Hopefully it will show up fine. Were you fiddling around inside before they stopped working? or was it just random?

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

I am running windows 8 and corsair link works... sometimes. :P

If you run the link program and it dosnt detect the H100i, just unplug the link cable and plug it back into the pump, that should fix it.

Hopefully it will show up fine. Were you fiddling around inside before they stopped working? or was it just random?

This was random.. I went away from my computer to do something. I came back and turned on my comp (from sleep). then the fans wouldn't turn on. So i did manual restart and fans didn't turn on either. So i have them now directly on the mother board. 

So you say i can unplug the mini-usb from the pump block and replug it back in to make it work? or should i unplug the usb header on the mobo? (this is while to computer is running)

And ya. corsair link can't detect h100i pump

This was random.. I went away from my computer to do something. I came back and turned on my comp (from sleep). then the fans wouldn't turn on. So i did manual restart and fans didn't turn on either. So i have them now directly on the mother board. 

So you say i can unplug the mini-usb from the pump block and replug it back in to make it work? or should i unplug the usb header on the mobo? (this is while to computer is running)

And ya. corsair link can't detect h100i pump

Ah weird!

Yeah I just had the link program open, unplugged the mini-usb from the block, heard the disconnect sound and plugged it back in and it worked. Its very tempermental though and you may have to try it a few times and maybe reinstall link. It just dosnt work very well on win8 :P

But yeah goodluck

Ah weird!

Yeah I just had the link program open, unplugged the mini-usb from the block, heard the disconnect sound and plugged it back in and it worked. Its very tempermental though and you may have to try it a few times and maybe reinstall link. It just dosnt work very well on win8 :P

But yeah goodluck

Ok, I tried removing the mini-usb, and yea. no sound. i even watched device manager to flicker when USB is inserted and it didn't do anything...im starting to wonder if my min-USB Cable is broken. Cause I've tried all 3 USB headers on my motherboard and nothing.

Ok, I tried removing the mini-usb, and yea. no sound. i even watched device manager to flicker when USB is inserted and it didn't do anything...im starting to wonder if my min-USB Cable is broken. Cause I've tried all 3 USB headers on my motherboard and nothing.

weird! It took a little while for mine to work but yours may be different

weird! It took a little while for mine to work but yours may be different

Would updating my chipset help with the USB? I checked my mother board Sabertooth z77 and I got mine in January and I haven't updated it since then. And I see there was a new update in October

h100i, read back through

Ow sorry guys didn't see that 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

he did...

The Cake is a Lie...

he did...

I'm allready aware of that as is said in my previous comment

Would updating my chipset help with the USB? I checked my mother board Sabertooth z77 and I got mine in January and I haven't updated it since then. And I see there was a new update in October

Yay I dunno what happened last night but after installation of Corsair Link..my USB port started to work on my computer. I got to update the firmware to latest 1.0.7 and the fans now turn on, on bootup :) . No more raging hurricane. also now the LED works!