Repurposing an old, broken tablet (MSI Primo 81)

This tablet was broken after a 9-hour flight in my backpack. Not sure how that happened but when I checked immediately after landing, 1/4 of the bottom of the screen wasn't responding to touch input. Now, half of the screen isn't responding to touch. In addition to that, the micro USB port seems tricky now.

Specs:

- 8" iPad mini-like display (768x1024, 3:4 IPS panel)

- 1.2 GHz (?) quad core processor (handles games pretty decently)

- 1 GB RAM

- 16 GB ROM

- WiFi only (no bluetooth adapter)

- Android 4.4

- Micro USB with support for OTG

- Mini HDMI port (I have a mini HDMI to regular HDMI cable)

I want to know if there is an app that could possibly let me control the other half of the screen without having to rotate the device literally every time I have to tap on the bottom side of the tablet. I want a trackpad sort of app that I can place on the responsive part of the screen. I've used the mini HDMI feature and it seems to work pretty well aside from the letterboxing. The micro USB is a bit tricky to use because it's broken. Ive used a mouse on it although I'd really prefer not to. If someone can, please tell me about an app to control it with another phone or from a PC through WiFi. The lack of bluetooth was really a big turn-down for wireless input...

I'm also interested in suggestions for other new uses for this device. I think it'd make a great TV partner. Is it also possible to use a micro USB hub for this device? I've seen some for Samsung devices, although I'm not quite sure if they're universal...