[Quesiton]RAID 0 Error

SYM2RR

Hi guys, I just changed my mobo and upgraded the cpu, and the RAID I had is not working properly now. It display as: (the two crucial 525GB ssd should be in RAID0)

unnamed.thumb.jpg.418a8f84992825dc4635431364cf4a7a.jpg

And in the device manager, it display as two uninitialized partritions. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance :)

on most mobo RAID setups, changing the mobo is a very bad idea

I really hope you didn't had anything of importance on that array

Just now, zMeul said:

on most mobo RAID setups, changing the mobo is a very bad idea

I really hope you didn't had anything of importance on that array

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

I got like 300GB gaming footage on there... Just need that, the remaining 500GB temp files I don't care at all :(

1 minute ago, SYM2RR said:

I got like 300GB gaming footage on there... Just need that, the remaining 500GB temp files I don't care at all :(

Yeaaa i don't know if you will get anything back.

Anyway! is your OS on it and do you have a different drive that can be used to store the 300GB of footage for now?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, SYM2RR said:

put back the drives on your old mobo and pray to god the new setup didn't override the array - most likely it did and you're screwed

sorry

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yeaaa i don't know if you will get anything back.

Anyway! is your OS on it and do you have a different drive that can be used to store the 300GB of footage for now?

I really hope that I may recover the footage :(

Do have OS on 960EVO and got a intel 750 for any new footage. Probably never gonna try RAID ever again...

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

put back the drives on your old mobo and pray to god the new setup didn't override the array

Have you ever heard of anything that may recover this kind of loss by any chance 

Just now, SYM2RR said:

Have you ever heard of anything that may recover this kind of loss by any chance 

raid 0 isnt something thats recoverable... And it costs a lot of money to get it done right

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 minutes ago, SYM2RR said:

data recovery centers - prepare the dough

better to ask questions 1st than kill the patient xD

3 minutes ago, SYM2RR said:

Well you can try this: http://www.freeraidrecovery.com/library/raid-rebuild.aspx

No experience with it but it's worth giving a try.

Or, if you dont mind paying for a license (which might be necessary): http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

You can try it for free first to make sure you can recover stuff.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

raid 0 isnt something thats recoverable... And it costs a lot of money to get it done right

I think I accidentally deleted the partition table of the RAID if that make sense... it's the first 17MB on the drive58d2a9300cb27_QQ20170322124010.jpg.793b9feaece608afa178e5272a2993e9.jpg

Any thoughts on reconstruct that?

i use r studio

used it to restore my raid 0 because my array got overwritten

you can select the drives on the software and mark them as raid 0 together and then wait for it to finish and if youre lucky your files wont be corrupted

managed to restore some files tho

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

data recovery centers - prepare the dough

better to ask questions 1st than kill the patient xD

Agreed. I'll seek for some professional help 

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Well you can try this: http://www.freeraidrecovery.com/library/raid-rebuild.aspx

No experience with it but it's worth giving a try.

Or, if you dont mind paying for a license (which might be necessary): http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

You can try it for free first to make sure you can recover stuff.

Thanks man, I'll check them out :)

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

i use r studio

used it to restore my raid 0 because my array got overwritten

you can select the drives on the software and mark them as raid 0 together and then wait for it to finish and if youre lucky your files wont be corrupted

managed to restore some files tho

Appreciated, I'll see how that goes.

7 minutes ago, SYM2RR said:

I think I accidentally deleted the partition table of the RAID if that make sense... it's the first 17MB on the drive58d2a9300cb27_QQ20170322124010.jpg.793b9feaece608afa178e5272a2993e9.jpg

Any thoughts on reconstruct that?

Nah that's not the partition table, you won't have easy access to that from in windows. You partition table would be found in the Master boot sector (can't remember if it's called the same thing in UEFI) And in the future do a backup if you're gonna change mobo's.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Nah that's not the partition table, you won't have easy access to that from in windows. You partition table would be found in the Master boot sector (can't remember if it's called the same thing in UEFI)

OK, I believe that 17MB is some sort of config for the RAID... I'll check if that's something that I may recover from