Ram doesn't fit

Hexorian

I'm in the middle of building my first PC and decided to re use the ram from my old PC but ram doesn't fit in the mother board the little opening on the stick doesn't match up with the slot. Please help!

motherboard is as rock h110m-ITX/AC

ram is Kingston I think value ram by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Hexorian said:

I'm in the middle of building my first PC and decided to re use the ram from my old PC but ram doesn't fit in the mother board the little opening on the stick doesn't match up with the slot. Please help!

motherboard is as rock h110m-ITX/AC

ram is Kingston I think value ram by the looks of it.

I think you've got an older generation of RAM.

What does it say on the label of the RAM? (DDR1/2/3/4?)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, d3sl91 said:

What type or Ram? DDR3? DDR4?

The H110m uses DDR4

It doesn't say but I think it must be ddr3 the old system was a bit old dammit now I have to order ram and wait like 5 days.

Most likely wrong type of memory. It's a good thing you've asked before trying to force it in.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, Hexorian said:

It doesn't say but I think it must be ddr3 the old system was a bit old dammit now I have to order ram and wait like 5 days.

Yeah, that's probably the issue! 1151 socket uses DDR4, anything before is usually DDR3, DDR2 etc

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

1 minute ago, d3sl91 said:

Yeah, that's probably the issue! 1151 socket uses DDR4, anything before is usually DDR3, DDR2 etc

It has compatibility with DDR3, but for most desktop boards they use DDR4.

But here's a Socket 1151 board with DDR3 support: http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-HD3-DDR3-rev-10

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

It has compatibility with DDR3, but for most desktop boards they use DDR4.

But here's a Socket 1151 board with DDR3 support: http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-HD3-DDR3-rev-10

Yup, One of the computers I built for a customer years ago had 2x DDR2 and 2x DDR3 memory slots, fun stuff. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200