Streaming Setup

mpsparrow

Is it possible to play games on one pc while streaming on the other? So on my main pc I would be playing games while on my server I would be outputting the stream. I main problem I am wondering is how I get the video feed from the one pc to the server. Also would my server need a GPU? I was thinking of the possibility to run a capture card on the server and to plug my pcs monitor into the capture card. This would allow me to take a huge load off of my pc and also probably output a much better stream. Thoughts?

(I don't really stream atm and this is more dreaming)

You either have a dedicated capture card with pass-through or a plain old capture card like an Elgato that also has pass-through. Frankly though streaming is so non-intensive so long as your computer isn't terrible that dedicated streaming systems aren't really necessary.

^ Capture card will work. It will be GPU -> capture card -> monitor. Monitors don't have video outputs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

^ Capture card will work. It will be GPU -> capture card -> monitor. Monitors don't have video outputs.

Yeah, but then would my server need a GPU or would the dual 4 core xeons be enough to output it?

35 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Yeah, but then would my server need a GPU or would the dual 4 core xeons be enough to output it?

You misunderstood. Your main PCs GPU does rendering for monitor. Capture card is just in the middle, capturing footage and rendering it to streaming service or to file.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You misunderstood. Your main PCs GPU does rendering for monitor. Capture card is just in the middle, capturing footage and rendering it to streaming service or to file.

Oh, gotcha.

I am probably not going to do this (at least not in the near feature) I was more just wondering if such a thing was possibly and easy to achieve.