Ethernet cable routing

silraks
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
9 minutes ago, silraks said:

So this a bit weirder post, but I need some help and suggestions to improve my network.

This is the current setup. I have a set-top box which requires a different port a runs on a powerline adapter. There also is a smart tv/xbox and another tv box. Currently it runs on two long ethernet wires through the room which looks crappy and is a bad solution (outer shell of the cables is punctured in multiple places, but not deeper). To make matters worse, there is only one female port. To use one or the other I switch the cable at the port. The use cases are not demanding on speed and our connection is also bad. The wifi connections on the tv and xbox are pretty unreliable.

One solution would be to buy a 1 input and 2 output powerline adapters, but could there be any alternatives?

Thanks for your help!

You can just have a single powerline adapter from your router to the main TV area and use a switch to allow for more ports and connections since you also have an xbox and smart TV. 

So this a bit weirder post, but I need some help and suggestions to improve my network.

This is the current setup. I have a set-top box which requires a different port a runs on a powerline adapter. There also is a smart tv/xbox and another tv box. Currently it runs on two long ethernet wires through the room which looks crappy and is a bad solution (outer shell of the cables is punctured in multiple places, but not deeper). To make matters worse, there is only one female port. To use one or the other I switch the cable at the port. The use cases are not demanding on speed and our connection is also bad. The wifi connections on the tv and xbox are pretty unreliable.

One solution would be to buy a 1 input and 2 output powerline adapters, but could there be any alternatives?

Capture22.PNG

Thanks for your help!

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

9 minutes ago, silraks said:

Thanks for your help!

You can just have a single powerline adapter from your router to the main TV area and use a switch to allow for more ports and connections since you also have an xbox and smart TV. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

That is exactly what I would do. 

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply.