Simple in-game recorder and video editing tool

Hi Im new to all this ingame recording and editing stuff and I want to try and make short video clips from my games and for bench marking 

Few years ago I had tried xfire, fraps and used vegas pro for editing but Ive forgotten all of that now and I dont know what to use.

So yeah just a basic in game recorder that doesnt eat up to much fps since I will be bench marking low end GPUs and an editor thats not to fancy. 

Right now I'm looking at the Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum at Steam for the editor since its on sale for about 14$

You can use hitman film for free I believe, but use hitman film first and if it doesn't suit your needs, get Vegas. 

For game capture you can use the nvidia shadow play if you have a nvidia GPU, but that will lower a few frames. 

For me, fraps has been very good. Only problem is that it's uncompressed. It doesn't drop any FPS for me. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

You can use hitman film for free I believe, but use hitman film first and if it doesn't suit your needs, get Vegas. 

For game capture you can use the nvidia shadow play if you have a nvidia GPU, but that will lower a few frames. 

For me, fraps has been very good. Only problem is that it's uncompressed. It doesn't drop any FPS for me. 

you mean hitfilm? or hitman film? 

2 minutes ago, ThorSaysWeJack said:

you mean hitfilm? or hitman film? 

Hitfilm 

it was on the tip of my tongue. :P used the wrong thing. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Hitfilm 

it was on the tip of my tongue. :P used the wrong thing. 

haha ok thanks. i tried googling for it only thing that came up was the game lol 

Ok so Ill try and get fraps and Ill get the editor thats on sale at steam then. thanks man  

Ok so I tried getting the paid version of fraps and since I have no paypal I cant get it. 

Do you know of any other programs that are available at the Steam store? Seems to be the easiest way for me to purchase soft ware 

1 minute ago, ThorSaysWeJack said:

Ok so I tried getting the paid version of fraps and since I have no paypal I cant get it. 

Do you know of any other programs that are available at the Steam store? Seems to be the easiest way for me to purchase soft ware 

You could shadow play if you have a nvidia graphics card

(or I can show you the dark ways of the Internet to illegally obtain software ?)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

You could shadow play if you have a nvidia graphics card

(or I can show you the dark ways of the Internet to illegally obtain software ?)

Hey if you got anything about a safe crack for fraps Im all down for it lol 

Im just paranoid about pirated software now with all the crazy stuff people saying like a Skidrow crack of a game that carried a bitcoin mining tool along with it and stuff lol 

4 minutes ago, ThorSaysWeJack said:

Hey if you got anything about a safe crack for fraps Im all down for it lol 

Im just paranoid about pirated software now with all the crazy stuff people saying like a Skidrow crack of a game that carried a bitcoin mining tool along with it and stuff lol 

keep in mind that fraps records lossless,and takes up a lot of space.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Try out OBS?

Is a full version available at Steam? 

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

keep in mind that fraps records lossless,and takes up a lot of space.

You have something else in mind? A different cracked program maybe? lol 

Just now, ThorSaysWeJack said:

thats illegal you know

Is a full version available at Steam? 

OBS is free. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Use AMD RELIVE or Nvidia SHADOWPLAY.

Your likely going to have one or the other.

Or Quicksync if available for Intel igpus.

Depending what graphics hardware you have equals different solutions.

The performance free solutions stated above are easy to use and will work with most modern and semi-oldish gpus still...be it with AMDs VCE media encoder or with Nvidias Onboard Encoder without investigating 3rd party solutions like Cpu encoding options.

WindowsMovieMaker can be aquired with Downloading Windows Essentials package or cia a third party website.

It can export 4k 60fps at 132Mbps if required with a small notepad mod (google mrstoolboy window movie maker). Otherwise its good for 1080p 60fps outputs by default and is free to use, allowing customized export presets and basic features, effects and transitions.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Best to stop talking about cracked programs - it's against the forum rules and the law.

I edit my posts a lot.

For ShadowPlay and Relive I have those for the newer GPUs but for old gpus that I will be benchmarking Im not sure if it supports it. Im testing old gpus with 512mb vram

Sorry about cracked programs lol I thought it was ok. Read a few post about cracked games and even windows 

Windows gaming mode, shareX...

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

If financially viable...

Possibly pick up a used external capture box from Avermedia called the LGP (live gamer portable) for similarly performance free recording.

Of course.. only if cheap, and likely there are competing and compelling products to compare.

But maybe a cheap...ish solution?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz