Question about the h100i liquid cooler

so I currently use a hyper 212 evo for my cpu cooler. Wanted to know if the h100i would help my cpu temps go down while i am playing csgo? I have a h100i laying around in my closet. Got it like 8-12 months ago and I wasn't sure if there's a way for the liquid inside the h100i to evaporate or something???

I don't want to place it in my pc if the liquid inside of it is gone. There's really no way for me to tell. I shake it and move it around but I can't really tell if something is inside the tubes. But yeah, to recap I just wanna know if the liquid inside could evaporate after a year and if the h100i is better than the hyper 212 evo when it comes to cooling my cpu???

13 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

I've heard you can expect 4-5 years. 

I wouldn't expect anything, they can fail at any time. I have had 1 DOA Corsair AIO, and have had two Corsair AIO coolers fail within the first year of use. I also have an old H100 that has been in use 24/7 for around 6+ years.

25 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

I have a h100i laying around in my closet. Got it like 8-12 months ago and I wasn't sure if there's a way for the liquid inside the h100i to evaporate or something???

Often the coolers are on shelves in warehouses for months or years before they are sold. Leaving it in the closet is unlikely to cause any harm. If it had a manufacturing fault was and untested, then the warranty could expire however before you find out though.

I dont think it would have evaporated and you should be fine with it. By the way it would improve temps a lot.

My system-Core i7 6950X, AsusX99 DeluxeII, 128gb Crucial DDR4, Corsair 900D Titan X, Asus Thunderbolt EXII Card,Quadro M4000,Intel X540 network card