New to computers in general and in need of assitance

Hello I'm new to computers in general and could use some help. I was thinking of building a computer within the next 5 years and I was wondering what is a good cheap computer that I can use for some content creation. I don't have a very high budget and want to make the computer as cheap as possible while it still is reliable and able to beef through quite a bit. As I said I don't know much about computers and tried to study up on somethings to assemble a list of parts that may work together and put out performance that I am looking for. however if any of you have an idea of how to lower the price and still have acceptable performance for content creation then you are welcome to give advice. I don't plan on putting a second video card in and I also don't really plan to go above 16 GB if possible since I don't really see why someone would need so much memory for simple multitasking such as having Source filmmaker and a web browser open at the same time. i may want to reduce hard drive size tough since I think I can add another in the future if needed and the hard drive is really cutting into my budget. either way ill let the you guys look at y spread sheet as of this far and let you tell me what i could and could not do.

-Motherboard= ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-A/USB 3.1
-CPU= Intel Core i5-5675R Processor
-Videocard= MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 RX 470 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card
-RAM= Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Black (HX316C10FBK2/8)
-Powersupply= Corsair CX Series, CX430, 430 Watt (430W) Power Supply, 80+ Bronze Certified
-SSD= Intel 530 Series 180GB 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Drive (SSDSC2BW180A4K5)
-HardDrive= Western Digital 2.5TB SATA 3Gb s AV Green Power 64MB Cache Bare Drive (AS2222110803)

Possible Price
SSD= $46.29
Powersupply= $54.99
RAM= $65.99
CPU= $265.00
Videocard= $189.99
Motherboard= $129.99
Harddrive= $190.38
Computer TOTAL= $942.63
Mouse and key board= AmazonBasics Wired Keyboard and Wired Mouse Bundle Pack at $14.95
Moniter= ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor $105 99
Prime

Hmm, SSD. If you're on a budget, the most bang per buck I've seen must've been the second hand 40GB OCZ Agility 3 I bought for 10 bucks. If you don't feel like managing such little space you can just install everything on your HDD and use the SSD with Intel RST to cache your HDD. Then again, maybe the price difference isn't worth the performance drop in random seek times of infrequent files.

Found any second hand monitor? They're usually dirt cheap. Maybe not as HD as you'd like though.

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

Use PCPartPicker.com. It compares prices of PC parts and checks compatibility. 

First of all, you're buying a 2-3 year old architecture, go for 7700k for heavy gaming/light content creation or Ryzen 7 1700 for heavy content creation/light gaming.

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Use PCPartPicker.com. It compares prices of PC parts and checks compatibility. 

First of all, you're buying a 2-3 year old architecture, go for 7700k for heavy gaming/light content creation or Ryzen 7 1700 for heavy content creation/light gaming.

I think the 7700k would blow his budget, in Sweden they go at 375 USD

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($326.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($99.97 @ Jet) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($68.28 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($234.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.90 @ B&H) 
Total: $949.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-17 21:10 EDT-0400

19 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

You want a bigger monitor, at least 27 inches. I

but.. why?

inches are probably the least valuable metric about a monitor.

some other metrics that *do* matter however:

- resolution

- refresh rate

- the vareous aspects of image quality (colors, response time, etc.)

pixel density (this one pretty much decides how far from the display you ideally are)

and that said, 21 inch 1080p is about as bog standard as a display can be, and IMO still the best pixel density for having the display more or less an arm length away.

36 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

You want a bigger monitor, at least 27 inches. I

Terrible, Terrible advice. Do not listen to this.

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but.. why?

inches are probably the least valuable metric about a monitor.

some other metrics that *do* matter however:

- resolution

- refresh rate

- the vareous aspects of image quality (colors, response time, etc.)

pixel density (this one pretty much decides how far from the display you ideally are)

and that said, 21 inch 1080p is about as bog standard as a display can be, and IMO still the best pixel density for having the display more or less an arm length away.

I have a 32 inch 1440p Asus that I OCed to 73hz, it is IPS and a 27 inch 1080p IPS Dell as my secondary. I do lots of work on my pc so it is necessary. A larger monitor also is better for gaming.

2 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

Terrible, Terrible advice. Do not listen to this.

How is my advice terrible. If you are doing work, having a larger workspace is a very important thing. My monitors are both large, one is FHD the other is Quad HD, and are both IPS. Gaming is nice on a 1440p 73Hz 32inch

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

How is my advice terrible. If you are doing work, having a larger workspace is a very important thing. My monitors are both large, one is FHD the other is Quad HD, and are both IPS. Gaming is nice on a 1440p 73Hz 32inch

I noticed right after I said it that I was wrong lol. I apologise. For some reason I wasn't factoring in the content creation thing.

If I was doing a build on a tight budget like this i'd juts drop the SSD. 

I think it's alot better to have a better all around system then cheap out to squeeze a little more performance out of it.

Also, wait for Ryzen 5 - either you'll get the better/the same performance for cheaper  or Intel will lower their prices. Worth the wait.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

10 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

I have a 32 inch 1440p Asus that I OCed to 73hz, it is IPS and a 27 inch 1080p IPS Dell as my secondary. I do lots of work on my pc so it is necessary. A larger monitor also is better for gaming.

slide that monitor 10cm closer, ta-da you have a bigger monitor.

11 hours ago, Adreyu said:

I noticed right after I said it that I was wrong lol. I apologise. For some reason I wasn't factoring in the content creation thing.

Lol it's fine