Need help to choose good/great Router for home

TerTer

Hi,

after having to deal with not enough coverage, extenders were not a very good solution. Also my  TP-Link Archer C2 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router started to act up. Stops working, turn off/on. Works again for a week or few days, again same.

So decided i need a new router and this time a better one, for range and quality.

Would like more user friendly, so works out of the box without a lot of tinkering around and config.

Was looking at these:

Asus RT-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless 802.11ac-AC1900 Gigabit Router USB 3.0

Asus RT-AC87U Wireless AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit Router BLACK

Netgear AC2600 Nighthawk X4S SMART WiFi Router Dual-Band Quad-Stream GbE (R7800)

Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk SMART WiFi Router 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit (R7000)

Which one would be better and why? 

If your main concern is user friendliness maybe consider the Google Onhub. It performs really well and setting the thing up is a breeze.

Does you mum know you're here?

Hi,

I have the Asus DSL-AC87VG, and i can say: the AsusWrt GUI on the Router is not very bad. 

Ok for sure, it look´s a little bit complicated. And jo it is. But the Assistent is very easy. 

So if you´r a network Guy how like´s to configure many Things like QoS or VPN Service Asus-routers are your type.

You can test the AsusWrt Interface here: http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/index.html?_ga=1.140762418.1413117519.1485766034 

On the Asus Router side ......

From the Specs the Asus RT-AC87U is better. His wifi power is higher

I can´t tell if the Netgear router´s are better or not.

I had a Netgear Nighthawk for a while and loved it and i also have heard good things about the asus ones. Although they have more features they can be a little more complicated to set up.

My system-Core i7 6950X, AsusX99 DeluxeII, 128gb Crucial DDR4, Corsair 900D Titan X, Asus Thunderbolt EXII Card,Quadro M4000,Intel X540 network card

Some set up is not bad. Just don't want everything to micro manage :)

So like one guy said, dont get Mikrotik if you dont love configurations :D

I am using TP-Link Archer C2 AC750, it work very good.

Turned on the router for a week I suspect it was broken. If you can afford it, should buy Linksys EA9500

I would recommend to spend a bit more and grab a Unifi USG and a Unifi UAP-AC-PRO. This combo will KILL most if not all consumer grade routers. The wifi range is phenomenal, the setup isn't bad, the web GUI works great, and the throughput is great as well. And whats nice is that if you decide that one AP isn't enough, you can add another. Way more elegant than any consumer range extender BS (apart from the Google Wifi and other mesh solutions).

Main Rig: i7-4790 | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM

Laptop: 2016 Macbook Pro 15" w/ i7-6820HQ, RX 455, 16GB RAM

Others: Apple iPhone XS, ATH-M50X, Airpods, SE215