i7 6700k 4.7 GHz oc, is my temps okay?

Hello. I recently tried to get better overclocks on my i7 6700k. When i first got the cpu, i overclocked it to 4.5 at 1.275 volts. Then later i wanted to do better, i upped it to 4.7 with 1.325 volts, because anything under just crashed my system.

When used prime 95 i got Temps: 60 to 75C after 5 min of testing, Then i tried witcher 3 and i managed to get 80C, is this safe? I have an Corsair H100i V2 Watercooler :)

My specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k 

Corsair H100i V2 GTX Watercooler

GTX 1080 Strix from Asus

Kingston Hyperx DDR4 2133MHz

EVGA GQ 750W PSU

Crucial MX 300 SSD

Corsair Carbide 400C Clear Case

3 minutes ago, Beefytv9683 said:

Hello. I recently tried to get better overclocks on my i7 6700k. When i first got the cpu, i overclocked it to 4.5 at 1.275 volts. Then later i wanted to do better, i upped it to 4.7 with 1.325 volts, because anything under just crashed my system.

When used prime 95 i got Temps: 60 to 75C after 5 min of testing, Then i tried witcher 3 and i managed to get 80C, is this safe? I have an Corsair H100i V2 Watercooler :)

My specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k 

Corsair H100i V2 GTX Watercooler

GTX 1080 Strix from Asus

Kingston Hyperx DDR4 2133MHz

EVGA GQ 750W PSU

Crucial MX 300 SSD

Corsair Carbide 400C Clear Case

you are using a watercooler stress test for at least 30mins as they need to heat up over a longer period of time then come back

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

If I was you, I'd lower voltage. If needed, drop the clock a little as well; say, to either 4.6ghz or try messing with the BCLK to get an intermediate value. 80C in games is a sign of trouble...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, AdamBGames said:

you are using a watercooler stress test for at least 30mins as they need to heat up over a longer period of time then come back

He's not using the proper version and/or test either, stressing for little time is the least of my worries.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

He's not using the proper version and/or test either, stressing for little time is the least of my worries.

I wasn't saying that, I was saying that water coolers by design take longer to dissipate heat and to reach equilibrium and take longer to cool down. If he wants a proper temp reading, he should test for a longer amount of time to allow the water in the system to read equilibrium

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

Well then, i dropped to down to 4.5 ghz and 1.275 volts. I find it safe and i never go over 65 :) 80c is jsut terrifying 

What did you mean by "he is not using the proper version" ? :)

14 minutes ago, Beefytv9683 said:

What did you mean by "he is not using the proper version" ? :)

It means exactly what it does: you're (probably) not using the proper version, which would be the latest one. Or, if you're already doing that, you most likely aren't using the right test, which would be the Small FFT one.